Mofo / MoFaux 8/1 They're Done!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been working on bikes it seems all of my life, and overtime I have stockpiled too many parts. Before I toss them on eBay or take them to a swap meet I’ve decided this would be a good venue to see what I can build with these left over parts? Hence my theme, Mustgo — everything in my garage must go!

I’ll post photos of which frame I’ll go with (too many to choose from). I just wanted to share the theme for now. Stay tuned.

Re: Mustgo

Sounds like a lot of fun! Can't wait to see what kind of things you dig up.

Ok. here's the frame I've decided to go with...it'a an early 40's Hawthorne I believe?
9e5aa90c.jpg

The right rear stay has issues, there's a hole in it. It's not true and doesn't match the opposite side.
9cc6b264.jpg

I haven’t been able to work much on the bike I’ve been in bed nursing a cold the last few days. However, between staring at the idiot TV screen and switching back and forth between RRB’s and the CABE’s posts on my laptop, my ears have been entertained by the music backdrop of the African artist Femi Kuti and his songs. i.e.,Beng Beng Beng, and Sorry Sorry…these tribal rhythms got me thinking about the direction of the bike.

True, the name Mustgo is fictitious but as I looked at it and listened to the pounding rhythms of Kuti’s Afrobeats, “Mustgo” the name slowly transformed into something of vigor and magical, evolving into a primitive, regal, voodoo undertone.

As I convalesce in my bed tapping the keyboard to the soulful primal beats, I glanced down at the floor of my closet and spot a pair of my favorite Robert Wayne shoes, WOWZER! There’s my inspiration!

57630c57.jpg

8c136940.jpg

Now the hard part…making it all happen!
5b898853.jpg

Stay tuned...

Cool premise.Should be fun to see what you drag out of the garage :!:

Circa Cycles said:
Cool premise.Should be fun to see what you drag out of the garage :!:

Like I said, I've been stockpiling parts for some time...here are a few choice items from the garage parts bin that might work on Mustgo?
CWC forks
02944159.jpg

b34c7b30.jpg

Vintage ligths
18513e20.jpg

d01b0ba0.jpg

The bottom stem is a rare Major Taylor
1e70683f.jpg

Latest posts

Back