Monark Silver King

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this on the ol interweb.
Seller is in the Netherlands
What could this be worth?
Screenshot_20210724-213216.png
Screenshot_20210724-213225.png
Screenshot_20210724-213208.png

There's ebay prices...
There's CABE prices...
There's swapmeet prices...
There's CL/OfferUp/FB prices...

It's a heirarchy, and I try to stay off the top of that list, as it can be rareified air :oops:.

That being said, I got a pair of SKs, one guys, one girls, both (somewhat) rideable with non-stock parts...for ~$230. Both frames straight, no breaks, including SK forks.

It is often a case of time or convenience...if you 'need' it now, or don't want to hassle with CL flakes...you pay the premium. If you are willing to wait, and deal with all the hassles that come with dealing with local ads...you might get a comparable bargain. I was looking for an SK for probably ~6 years before I got one.

The answer to the question? It's worth what you're willing to pay for it :bigsmile:.

There's ebay prices...
There's CABE prices...
There's swapmeet prices...
There's CL/OfferUp/FB prices...

It's a heirarchy, and I try to stay off the top of that list, as it can be rareified air :oops:.

That being said, I got a pair of SKs, one guys, one girls, both (somewhat) rideable with non-stock parts...for ~$230.
The seller is asking 299 euro's
My wife doesn't want a 300 euro frame she already said🤣

I'm not gonna buy it, thanks!

I'm not in to girls frames at all. I figured I'd sell the girls frame when I got the pair, and end up with a free, or near free, guys frame. When I unloaded the truck, my wife (who cares nothing about vintage bikes) saw it...and decided she wanted it :blush:. Best laid plans rarely survive the spouse's unexpected involvement.

That was probably not out of reason being in Europe...I doubt there are many over there.

Last edited:
I'd maybe try and keep some sort of persuasive dialogue open with the better half about that jewel of a frame.
I'd warmly look her in the eyes, give her a hug and thank her for her logical reasoning. Tell her 'She Was Right'.
Then on the way out of the room mention that she's probably too fat for it anyways.

Good Luck with getting the scales to slide in your favour.

WIth any SK, you have to examine every square inch to look for craks or repairs. Also make sure that all ot the tubes don't move and are still tightly joined to the cast sections.
$300 for a ladies frame doesn't sound unreasonable. Especially when you throw on the absolute rarity for any Silver King to pop up in Europe.

I could have bought one of these with a guys frame and parts for $500.00, but was a 24" frame.. That being said, i would have paid up had it been a 26" frame but had to pass due to the price...

80% of the Silver King frames came with 24" wheels, but it's really incorrect to say they were 24" frames. They easily accept 26" wheels and the scale of the frames is on par with most 26" frames. The only 26" SKs are the 26X model and the HexTube frames. But please treat them all as if they are 26". You missed out on a killer deal man. Grab one next time.

Here is what my 24" 1935 Silver King looked like with 26" wheels and full size Shelby 53a Triple Ducktail fenders. No frame or fork mods necessary.

coke.jpg

Latest posts

Back