Monark Sparker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aargh page 2 slacker already!!

My spokes came in the mail yesterday, so laced the wheel today.

IMG_20210526_121510010.jpg

IMG_20210526_124406280.jpg

24 inch 65 mm alu polished rim to match the stem and cranks. Black spokes and black nipples for contrast.

Spoked cross 3 pattern because i like the classic look.

Next up is removing the rest of the paint from the fork and welding another forktube to lenghten it and make it threaded instead of ahead.

Nice array of 'blue tools' you've got there! Wheel looks great, keep those posts and photos coming!

That is one sexy rim!!!!

Been away for a week for a vacation with the family.
So back to building! Since my fork parts started rusting since i stripped the paint, i thought it was time to start painting. Nothing fancy, satin black rattlecan style. If i could ever give any advice about rattlecan paintjobs it would be, buy Montana cans. No drip, fast drying and a lot, and i mean a lot, of colors.
IMG_20210608_215122576.jpg

IMG_20210608_215127771.jpg

And since i had some time to spare, i also removed the paint from the front legs.
IMG_20210608_212405796.jpg

IMG_20210608_212725510.jpg

IMG_20210608_220139671.jpg

30 min waiting time and a good scrub with a brass brush.
IMG_20210608_221558813.jpg

Well i didn't make the same mistake twice so i painted it right away.
IMG_20210608_222318989.jpg

Now wait for it to dry and then i will decide if i'm gonna use clear coat of not for some extra shine. For now i think i won't.

The paint is dry and it is not quite what i want so i decided to hit it with a clear coat.

For some reason i can't add photos so i'll post these when i figured that out

Awesome work Frankie. Love the wheels and front fork!

If you want to powdercoat something, I have a relatively cheap adres, let me know if you need it.

Now I see what that box was in my "Electra RS Klunker" thread :bigsmile: It is your nexus auto shifter. I looked at it and kept thinking: what is that? Looks like a "Dakkoffer" :bigsmile:

Are you planning on doing longer tours on this bike?

Awesome work Frankie. Love the wheels and front fork!

If you want to powdercoat something, I have a relatively cheap adres, let me know if you need it.

Now I see what that box was in my "Electra RS Klunker" thread :bigsmile: It is your nexus auto shifter. I looked at it and kept thinking: what is that? Looks like a "Dakkoffer" :bigsmile:

Are you planning on doing longer tours on this bike?
Thanks man, appreciate it!

Haha a dakkoffer.. well it is as big as one🤣
Yes Auto D for Nexus 3. I still havent tested it, so i hope it works. If not i will get a suïcide shifter at Custom Cruisers Zwolle😉
Nice work on your klunker too!
Well longer tours not at the moment i think. I have 2 kids that also need a lot of attention.. Never been much of a rider, i'm more a builder ya see haha

Thanks man, appreciate it!

Haha a dakkoffer.. well it is as big as one🤣
Yes Auto D for Nexus 3. I still havent tested it, so i hope it works. If not i will get a suïcide shifter at Custom Cruisers Zwolle😉
Nice work on your klunker too!
Well longer tours not at the moment i think. I have 2 kids that also need a lot of attention.. Never been much of a rider, i'm more a builder ya see haha
I never knew about that auto-shifter for the Nexus 3. I learn something new every day.
Thanks, I am painting the bike now, the weather is great for it: lots of sun, no wind and not too much insects that land on wet paint (I even put up a sign).
I can relate with what you said about having kids ;)

I never knew about that auto-shifter for the Nexus 3. I learn something new every day.
Thanks, I am painting the bike now, the weather is great for it: lots of sun, no wind and not too much insects that land on wet paint (I even put up a sign).
I can relate with what you said about having kids ;)
Saw your paint, looks good man! Nice color scheme

Can't wait to see that wheel on the bike!
MO FATTA
MO BETTA

Did some minor things today.
Added a dropper seatpost, since i'm quite tall and i don't like long seatposts..
IMG_20210705_212030805.jpg

IMG_20210705_212041345.jpg

Now i can also ditch the quick release on the seatpost😌
I never liked how it looks..
Now i have to figure out if i can make the seat fit.
Also did some polishing to get rid of some dirt and scratches.
IMG_20210705_214001716.jpg
IMG_20210705_212524181.jpg
IMG_20210705_212530533.jpg
IMG_20210705_212518658.jpg

Got a pretty good result but it was too dark to get a decent picture
IMG_20210705_214130719.jpg

Looking at yours, I realise that I really should polish my rear hub too...

I love your rear wheel and tire combination!

Latest posts

Back