Montain Bike conversion /w decisions

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was going to make a quick build w/ parts on hand,or so I thought. Mt. bike frame with simple bar welded on like I had done on the Black and Tan. I would have sworn that I had a 24" rear wheel which is why almost a year ago I bought a 24 x 3.0 to go on it. A nice Rat trap springer and a set of bars and it would be ready to roll.The wheel was nowhere to be found so that meant buying a new one. It all went together really smooth but the stance was not what I had invisioned. It looks aggresive,still has that Mt. bike look to it. I like it,but am thinking I could put on a truss rod fork on instead and save the springer for a more vintage looking bike.The bars will probably be flat/straight.What do you think ? T he fork is off of a girls bike so the tube has not been cut down yet,if I do.
IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

just depends on if you want a solid ride or some give....personally (disclaimer*this is just my opinion..so take it or leave it*)id go with a solid fork and truss rods

I'd reverse the fork pivots like I did on this bike:
CRIM0002.jpg
It would level things out. I like the straight bars idea, a truss fork could work too. -Adam

Latest posts

Back