Mooneyes, Fat Tires & Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I figured I'd better post my fresh finds before some of them were not so fresh.

The least fresh...I found this about 3 - 4 weeks ago. A 2004 New Belgium Fat Tire, the gloss red version. Best part it came with a pair of the NB script white wall tires, also came with the script black walls on it but I had to put the ww's on.
DSC00038.jpg

Next find last week was also a NB, this one a very unused 2012 Felt.
DSC00106.jpg

Also picked up this Spitfire last week from my good friend pappy. I was scratching my head a bit at first because I'd never seen a middleweight Schwinn straightbar. Turns out its a 1956, the first year for the Spitfire middleweight, and the last year for the straight bar frame.
DSC00105.jpg

Then found this Dyno Mooneyes yesterday on CL. Its pretty rough and missing the chain guard, and a few other things but the price was right.
DSC00109.jpg

Then the freshest find was today...a 80's Schwinn Cruiser 5 step through. It's also pretty rough, but when I'm done with it it will look like a 50's Panther, only with gears. Sorry no pictures got dark too fast.

Very cool bikes,Marty...especially the SPITFIRE!!! :shock: ...P 8)

Marty, stop showing me that stuff, I may see something I think I need! :lol: :mrgreen:

chimichanga said:
how about some bigger pics Marty!

Yea, I'm not sure why my pics are so small. I think I picked the small size option way back when I set up either my RRB or Photobucket account, and haven't been able to figure out how to change it. Anyone have an idea, I'd love to know how to post bigger pics???

Marty if you log in to your Photobucket account... Up in the right hand corner you should see your username with a little down pointing arrow next to it. Click that and select "Account Settings". Once on that page select the "Album Settings" tab. Near the top of that page you should see a "View upload options" link. Click that and select at least "800x600" that's what images max out at here on RRB.
You can select larger but your images will load a little slower and still only be shown at 800x600 here unless the viewer clicks on it to enlarge.

Hope that made sense.

THANKS Randy! That was pretty easy when someone who knows how explains it.....I've been trying to figure that out for about a year.....guess I'd just better stick with wrenches, bearings & grease.

Well Chimi, thanks to Randy here are a couple of larger pics. (I hope)

The '56 Spitfire
DSC00105-1.jpg

and Dyno Moon
DSC00109-1.jpg

Oh yea, I also got a pic of the Schwinn Cruiser project. It's a KU bike so Oct, '83. (2933) But I'm a little confused again cause it has a Chicago headbadge and I thought I'd read they closed the Chicago plant in '82???? Did they continue to use the Chicago headbadges at the Greenville, MS plant, anyone know?
DSC00122.jpg

Marty...I see 'ol Henry just had to get in the shot of your MOONEYES bike...what a ham.Some dogs will do anything to get their pic on RatRod!!! :roll: ...P 8)

Latest posts

Back