Most laughable CL response ever

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have my '37 Colson listed locally on craigslist and got this email tonight. I don't know if they are trying to make me laugh or scam me some how but I just had to share.

5276_10151866939335278_189762698_n.jpg

Hello sir, My name is Charles Witherstein and I am an extremely wealthy cattle trader in the midst of a mid-life crisis. I was recently was caught in an extramarital affair and am seeking something to take my mind off the divorce filings. Thus, I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to purchase your custom Colson Road bike should it meet my criteria. Can you please answer a few questions about this luscious ride?

1. Do you think the bike looks expensive enough to allow me admittance into the elite cycling culture?
2. What is the bike's top speed?
3. Is the bike "hip?" Will youths find me appealing while riding it?
4. Will the cycle support a 300 pound middle aged male?
5. Can the bike be outfitted with an electric assist motor (I hate sweating)?
6. Will the bicycle fit in the trunk of my Porche?

My requirements:

1. The bike must be under 84 pounds.
2. You MUST provide a guarantee of increased sex appeal as a direct result of owning the cycle (legal documentation required)

My main criterium is the bike's ability to indoctrinate me into the upper echelons of elite cycling culture. Thank you, Charles

#2, oh man I peed myself laughing!!!!!!!!!
"must provide documentation!"
What the heck does he want, a local health dept. card????

“...I am an extremely wealthy cattle trader...” – the extremely wealthy tend to be understated, preferring to drive their “Porche” rather than ever thinking of hauling anything in or on them.

Thanks for the laugh :!: :lol:

Im betting its someone you know that recognized the bike.... :D

You should write "Charles" back and ask if he plans to graduate this year. I imagine with that poor of grammar he'd flunk English class.

I don't see what's funny. Seems like legitimate questions to me.
You know, for an extremely wealthy cattle trader.

The only thing that I would question is the legitimacy of a Jewish cattleman in your area. Don't take a check.

Latest posts

Back