Motobecane curb score.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Saw this on the way home from the BBQ joint and had to throw it over my shoulder and drag it home. :21:

Looks nice and straight! love the chrome lowers on the forks.. Should make a nice fixie!
KIMG0844.JPG

KIMG0847.JPG

I have been trying o get the stem out since I brought it home... I may have to cut it off and drill it out...:headbang:

I have been trying o get the stem out since I brought it home... I may have to cut it off and drill it out...:headbang:

Patience, Grasshopper, patience...and plenty of lube!

Seriously, though, impatience kills more parts than all other causes combined. I've cut off pedals before, but I've never met a stem I couldn't beat...given time.

I tried 4 different spray cans over the last week and it wouldn't budge.. After 6 hours of ATF and acetone it finally came out!! :thumbsup:

I absolutely LOVE that witch's brew--it works...and it's cheap enough that one needn't feel stingy about applying it. I blend mine 50/50 in one of those old-fashioned ketchup bottles with a pointy tip. Just don't squirt it on your french fries!

31dmdG7CFcL.jpg

I absolutely LOVE that witch's brew--it works...and it's cheap enough that one needn't feel stingy about applying it. I blend mine 50/50 in one of those old-fashioned ketchup bottles with a pointy tip. Just don't squirt it on your french fries!

31dmdG7CFcL.jpg

I tried WD-40, PB blaster, Kroil and Rocket oil to no avail.

The ATF acetone 50/50 looks and smells just like Gibb's, I will never use anything else.

I tried WD-40, PB blaster, Kroil and Rocket oil to no avail.

The ATF acetone 50/50 looks and smells just like Gibb's, I will never use anything else.

I hope others will take your experience as a testimonial. It's hard to argue with success. I suppose now you're glad you didn't jump straight to the cutting?

Latest posts

Back