"MotoDromo Special" FINISHED!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wohoo! another round of summer build offs! Competition is looking stiff this year so I'm gonna jump right in and have some fun.

I picked this frame up last week at a yard sale for $5 so it became a perfect candidate to chop up. I have no clue what kind of frame it is but it has californial registration stickers from 1986 :)

Here's my first bit of progress, frame stripped and some old tires and wheels pulled out of the garage. And a few parts I might use.

I think im going to use the flat bar fork to make new a new seat stay. Its going to be much shorter and end up somewhere around the middle of the seat tube. It will kind of look like a motorcycle swing arm, and hopefully the flatbar will be strong enough for the added stress.

Made a little bracket for some 1/4" round tube. Im gonna go all out on the fork.

I really like the look of early boardtrack motorcycle handlebars, so I welded this up quickly and I think im going to weld a pair of 3/4" stock to the top of the forks with welded on bars kind of like clip-ons. Ill also have to make some kind of top triple tree mount.
Stay tuned for more!

Lots of progress quick! I like the frame, it has a GT look with the way the seat stays land in front of the seat tube... of course, you're cutting those off. haha Looks like a cool bike!

Lots of progress quick! I like the frame, it has a GT look with the way the seat stays land in front of the seat tube... of course, you're cutting those off. haha Looks like a cool bike!

Thanks, yea i got all excited and had a late night in the shop lol. The kicked forward GT style seat stay is kind of what gave me the idea to expose more of the seat tube... it is a nice frame, but for $5 i almost have to chop it up :rockout:

Hey Rat Rod Bikers! more progress today. First up I bent up a new set of bars and used a holesaw for the coping. Then to keep the top of the bars in-line with the fork tube I made some triple trees out of really big washers. The sizes were close but I still had to bore the centers a bit, especially for the fork tube. Grinded the sides for fitment and welded them up, after some more grinding and filing first test fit I think looks great. That't it for today, hopefully tomorrow ill have them all welded up and i can start on the 1/2" roundbar.
Cheers!

that looks real cool great job keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm liking the bars even though I'm to old to ride hunched over.

Latest posts

Back