MotoDromo Special II : New video! with ride...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MDI was such a blast to follow last year.
That wild question mark exhaust from scrap handlebars is an awesome preview of whats to come this year.
Thanks kingfish! I think I wont post my sketch of the bike design just to keep you all on your toes haha. What will happen next?!

So I had a little more time today to work on the exhaust and I decided to tighten up the bends a bunch and try and make the curves flow a little better.
First I pie cut two of the sections...

That made a huge difference and Im really liking the new lines. So I made a flange and tacked it all up and this is how it turned out...

Then I started another cool idea i had for the exhaust...

Shotgun exhaust?? Im definitely going to finish making the coupler and end pipes, but I think ill wait till im almost finished with the build to see if I use them as im really liking how the single short pipe tip dumps to the side. If I keep it ill do a slash cut for sure... Actually ill probably slash cut the shotgun tips if I use those instead o_O
That's it for today. Thanks for looking!

Nice work, are you worried about burnt legs? That seems to be pointing exactly where your leg would be?

Luke.
ha I thought about that the second i finished it lol. Which is why i started the shotgun exhaust... But if i go with it I guess ill just move my leg as far from is as a can lol, what doesnt kill you makes you stronger right? And anyway, safety third :grin:

ha I thought about that the second i finished it lol. Which is why i started the shotgun exhaust... But if i go with it I guess ill just move my leg as far from is as a can lol, what doesnt kill you makes you stronger right? And anyway, safety third :grin:

:dontmentionit:Safety shmayfty... just get some thick leather chaps o_O

Glen.

Are you going to have enough tire clearance with that fork?
:21:
MDC%20Special%20II-11.jpg
:21:

My grandfather would probably say burning your leg builds character...
Sounds like your Grandfather was Burt Munro? Didn't he burn his leg setting the record?

Luke.

Sounds like your Grandfather was Burt Munro? Didn't he burn his leg setting the record?

Luke.
I wish! What a LEGEND!!! easily one of the coolest people in the history of the world lol. I love how he made his own slicks by cutting down tread with a kitchen knife :praise:

Hey rat rodders! sorry I haven't posted in a while, but we've been swamped with work at the shop and unfortunately the bike has been sidelined for a bit:( But fret not! This memorial day weekend coincides with my birthday so to celebrate ill be chopping metal and inhaling welding fumes:):) For now I did a bit more work on the shotgun exhaust coupler and I cut the ends off some old cruiser bars for the pipes...

But the bigger news is that I got this killer set of forks with about an inch of suspension travel. Illl be making a set of clip-ons later but just for fun I shoved some super shorty tubes in the cool little risers that came with the forks... Thats it for now, thanks for looking!

Those forks remind me of the old Yamaha moto forks.
They look great on your bike.

Latest posts

Back