MOTORIZED?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went to a few shops yesterday in search of a m5 helicoil set. No such luck finding anything smaller than m6, looks like I'm going to have to order that online as well.

Yo SSG... Let me do some diggin in the shop monday mornin. I may have some coils in our tool crib. It would save you the money of buying a full kit. Not sure I got them but if you can wait a few days I will let you know.

If you have some laying around that's cool. I did locate a cheapy set on amazon with the installation tool and a tap for $14 so I can go with that and order the threaded rod at the same time. Tonight I cut apart the ignition coil and soldered the spark plug wire back on. Turning it over isn't easy without having it mounted on a rideable bicycle, but I managed to coax a spark out of it! That's the first sign of progress I've had so far.

Movin kinda slow here on my end... Got my tubes in and found that the 24 x 3 doesnt fit in my new forks so i guess i try to make a set that are larger and use these on another project. I love the look that they give to the bike so I want to stay close in style. Also debating saddle style.
I hope you guys let me know when its crunch time! I can just sit and think about things for way to long.

IMG-20111220-00160.jpg

IMG-20111220-00149.jpg

Hope everyone had a great holiday! How are the builds coming? I know that I have not done much in the past week or so. Planning a big weekend coming up to just sit in the shop and chomp away at the bike. Hope the new year comes in well for you all!

Begins to see the end..... engine is in,jackshaft,pulleys,sprockets, chains etc. is on, exhaust, and the 53cc 3,6hp chainsaw engine mounted & started. Awating delivery of the gashandle,tires, and to connect the lights to battery!

43747d1325702990-50s-style-first-build-chained_02.jpg

43346d1324595549-50s-style-first-build-b0030.jpg

from the build starting in beginning of november 2011..
390149_301730529845531_100000257588862_1182239_1507790145_n.jpg

Love it "leaded"!!! Actually watchin your thread on the other forum. I am now scratchin my head as to what I can do to compete. Not using a china girl motor sure would help me out BuT I had it on the bench and really am kinda partial to this particular motor. At any rate.. Your bike looks great and I hope she runs hard!

Thanks, slowriderz! I thought about the China´s too, but our national laws made trouble about registration. So planned to use an vintage engine to end the discussion, and legalize it. The Chainsaw engine i changed so much i could...and perhaps they will let it go, if not i already bought a vintage 98cc REX from Germany, and found a Villers in UK, and a friend said he will check for a vintage Husquarna
( Husky) 180cc (?) he knows about.
And belives it would run okay...time will show, a week more, and the last parts needed should be here! Only trouble its minusdegrees, a little icy and some snow here now........but hopes for a day i could get a chance to testride it soon!

Keep up!

UH OHHH! one week? i was thinking spring. Oh well ill keep chugging along at it in my lazy fashion and see where I end up. I have recently made a few minor changes to my build. Nothing major, just the frame, forks and gas tank. lol....

Hope you guys are having great luck with your builds!

Latest posts

Back