Mountain bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is not mine, but had to share. Fillet brazed Thunderbolt step through, made for the wife of a Rocky Mountain employee. No serial number, just the customer's name stamped on the bb. I don't think Rocky made 2 of these.
Rocky Girls Thunderbolt 001.JPG
Rocky Girls Thunderbolt 002.JPG
Rocky Girls Thunderbolt 007.JPG
Rocky Girls Thunderbolt 004.JPG
Rocky Girls Thunderbolt 006.JPG

That is a special bike.

The BC rides better then the rigid Ventanas. Robert and Sherwood share similar geometry designs so their handling is close. Robert has worked at Ventana for many years. Once someone told Robert that BC should build a suspension frame. Robert's reply was "I do, they're called Ventanas".😊

Yes MattiThundrr and KCI Robert and Sherwood are both personal friends. Robert still works various duties at Ventana, usually late at night. His days are filled with his pit bull rescue. Sacramento Shelter Pets Alive. He recently acquired a old boys detention center outside of Sacramento. He remodeled it to house the dogs. And yeah he's a guy who gets things done.

Sherwood is no longer at Ventana. He sold his part of Ventana to the other owner. He works for a private company now.. He travels around the country overseeing different jobs and projects. He still consults and designs for Ventana. Ventana is still going. They're kinda in a stall right now. Like everyone else they can't get material.
20150426_124652.jpg

This is not mine, but had to share. Fillet brazed Thunderbolt step through, made for the wife of a Rocky Mountain employee. No serial number, just the customer's name stamped on the bb. I don't think Rocky made 2 of these.
View attachment 181830View attachment 181833View attachment 181831View attachment 181834View attachment 181832
That is a special bike.
So cool! Rocky had a in-house frame shop. I'm pretty sure they made the stem also. Stems are really difficult to make. That's real art right there. Thanks for showing us.

It's an El Chamuco, custom sized as a gift from a friend. It still is a great bike, though not in use for about the past five years. It had a re-birth last year until it developed an issue. I'm on the path to remedying the issue.
I forgot about the El Chamuco. Ventana had quite a few models. They had one called the El Toro Bravo that never really showed up. It was a single speed for racing. Tighter angles and a shorter chainstays then the El Capitan'.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back