Mounting a speedometer to a bike with a Springer?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I really want to add a speedometer I picked up to my 1962 Skyrider but I'm using a repop monarch Springer on it. I'm having clearance issues with it. The axle mounted bit won't fit, due to the springers hardware being in the way. Any suggestions or pics of Speedometer setups with a Springer?

I am using a more modern MTB hub based front wheel as well. It's got tabs to mount a brake rotor to, so I got that to work with, if I need to make or modify something.

I know I can get a modern digital one that's wireless and slap it on but just wouldn't look right. (I have one on my Specialized Allez).

So I really want to add a speedometer I picked up to my 1962 Skyrider but I'm using a repop monarch Springer on it. I'm having clearance issues with it. The axle mounted bit won't fit, due to the springers hardware being in the way. Any suggestions or pics of Speedometer setups with a Springer?

I am using a more modern MTB hub based front wheel as well. It's got tabs to mount a brake rotor to, so I got that to work with, if I need to make or modify something.

I know I can get a modern digital one that's wireless and slap it on but just wouldn't look right. (I have one on my Specialized Allez).
I just ran one on my Western Flyer. I had to face the wheel mechanicals downward. Which meant limited amount of options for the length of cable I had, in regards to placement.
0E52BC72-0115-433D-9720-E39742390555.jpeg
F2656D09-B3C4-4F0F-965C-1F843693BBAC.jpeg

Any shots of the mechanism on the wheel?

Latest posts

Back