Muscle bike build off 01. Notification thread.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: **ANY TAKERS FOR THE ANYTHING GOES MUSCLE BIKE BUILD OFF?***

Would you guys mind another contestant? I'm a 50 something guy, so if I'm acceptable to the group you would have nearly all the generations covered from teens to nearly 60 :)

I have a basic concept for a build, most of theparts are laying around or I might be picking them up this week. Going down to North Carolina next weekend, but with the time schedule you put forth, it should give me more than enough time to work on this bike...

Do we need to submit sketches for approval? Or is this more informal and anything goes as long as it has big rear tire, smaller front tire, ape bars and a seat? :)

You guys ok with that?

This is all strictly for fun for me, not interested in a win, just building practice and having some fun!

Rich (too old to care, but old enough to know better)

Fine by me RichL, see what the others say, pretty sure they will be happy to have you!

I'm pretty sure as long as it fits the Big rear, little front, banana seat and ape hangers formula it is anything goes... Probably try to avoid the "high in front" chopper look though. (that being said, if you look at railriders huffy top fueller, it does have the long forks, just not the high headstem, that is probably pushing the boundaries of chopperdom instead of a muscle bike in my opinion, however, that is where I am headed with my build :wink: )... viewtopic.php?f=57&t=64955
I am kind of surprised you are 50+, when you said you had school and were looking for a job, plus your obvious enthusiasm for building, I guess I just assumed early 20's! :lol:

Glad to have you on board!

Luke.

Edit: Just had a thought, are you other guys alright with me doing longer forks or is that too chopper and not really muscle bike?
This is the direction I am heading...

Railiminator. by LukeTheJoker, on Flickr

Luke.

Rough sketch of the direction I would like to go, muscle bikes are not my thing, but I think this would be a modern version...

ok

Rich
musclebikeconcept_zps6cd9055b.jpg

Lowlife Lucas said:
Luke and RichL, I like the ideas. I'd put mine on here, but I'm not a good artist haha. I'll attempt to draw something up later :wink:

Lucas, a tip you can use, it works for me, and I get lots of practice with it too. In this case I was in Uncle Stretchs new build thread, he had a nice profile shot of his bike leaning against a bench. I did a image grab and took it into a paint program (a good free one is GIMP) and I just drew some lines that made sense for me. There is no part of US bike in my build, and it only took a few minutes to do it. This was than just some quick curves drawn on some paper till I liked what it looked like :) You don't have to be an artist, just know how to use the tools :)

Good luck!

Rich

I haven't had a chance to do a sketch, but this is the frame I'm going to use. I've had this one from a previous build and I've been wanting to put it back together. It's a 20 inch frame, but ill be using a 24 inch wheel and tire out back (with a little modding to the stays) and a 20 inch wheel and tire up front.
554517_587671624579595_424514584_n.jpg

oleskool said:
Awesome! So everybody is ok with everyone else's idea fitting the "Muscle bike" theme?

Everyone ok with a 6 week build starting on the 26th January and ending Sunday 10th March at midnight?

Any other issues anyone wants to bring up before the start?

Still open to new builders if anyone wants to join!

Luke.

Re: ANY MORE TAKERS FOR THE ANYTHING GOES MUSCLE BIKE BUILD OFF?

Any more takers for the anything goes muscle bike build off?

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=67814&p=654174#p654174

Starts Saturday 26th January, going till Sunday March 10th at midnight ...

Currently in are Jake "oleskool", Lucas "Lowlife Lucas", Rich "RichL", and myself Luke "LukeTheJoker"

Luke.

Latest posts

Back