(Muscle Bike) Flightliner.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the front fender finished
20130807_163851_zpse17bb899.jpg

Getting closer. Had to backtrack a little the original cranks were too long. Had to get shorter ones. The neck was to big would not clamp down even after adding a shim. Going to get a bmx style neck. I did get to install my spoke protecter and the 5spd sprocket
20130810_181205_zps1faa6111.jpg

pacman270 said:
Dude the bike looks amazing so far. The tire set it off nicely I think
Thanks. Yeah I love those tires. Ithink ill use them on another build too.

Well I got the
20130817_115551_zps373fc3fe.jpg
neck. A lot better now. Some cool hand grips are on the way and waiting for a reply on a banana seat.

Well seats on, have the hand grips need to get a brake lever, chain, and cable's.
20130828_140927_zps670eca62.jpg

Looks great!What length banana seat and sissy bar is this?I've been looking around to find them ,but wasn't sure what to order.

papawrandy said:
Looks great!What length banana seat and sissy bar is this?I've been looking around to find them ,but wasn't sure what to order.
the seat is 21.5 inches long. The sissybar is 36". I got the seat from custommotoredbicycle.com

Got the rear brake hooked up. Waiting on a shifter cable, the correct shifter cable. And a new derailluer.
20130910_112609_zpsb30c45a6.jpg

Re: (Muscle Bike) Flightliner. Finished

Well she is all done . Rides nice. Brakes work pretty good don't think I need a front brake
20130922_141554_zpse2f37d33.jpg

VinnyR your bike is a scaled up version of the original "Krate" bikes, it really is a fine example of a "Stingray" for grown ups.

The fork that you used, did you make it? I noticed that yours attaches to the bottom of the head tube instead of at the top. How would I go about figuring out rake and trail, height, etc. to use a 20" wheel like you on a 26" frame so the bike will sit level?

Do you know where I could purchase a similar fork like yours? I am in the process of collecting parts now to build my own adult "Stingray" and hope it will turn out similar to the way yours looks. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys. Been busy with other things. I left off with this build being finished. But I'm making some changes. Gonna go with drum brakes all around, and a 24" wheel up front. Hard to explain but didn't feel right with the 20" up front. Also gonna change up the fork. Ill post some pics up soon thesite has changed alittle hope putting the pics up didn't.

Latest posts

Back