MuscleBeachChopper(ette)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MuscleBeachChopper(ette) - last minute setback!

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Well, took the bike to my LBS yesterday...when I took the bike out of the car, I scratched the awesome graphics on the chainguard! UUUGGGHHH! Turns out I didn't, the fat non-Schwinn fender pushed the chainguard out so the crank is rubbing! DANG IT! Guess what was the ONE thing I didn't mock up before paint, yep, that's right. So, I'm going to CAREFULLY modify the chainguard.

But wait, there's more... :roll:
While we were looking at cabling the shifter, the NOS cable got caught in chainring! UUUUGGGGHHHH! Thing is, and this hard to explain, but short story, now I have to drill/notch the tank to run a new thicker cable through it (old cable was feeding through the horn vent (it makes more sense in person).

So brothers, look to the bike gods in the sky and ask them to smile down on me while we try to fix it this evening.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Doc: I have asked the bike gods to have mercy on you! :lol: :lol:

Thanks guys!
Fireproof,
I think I can touch it up with a brush (I also have the spare mask you sent me if I HAVE to go there)

Smoopy,
I'm good, Hamlet at Boneshakers has one, I appreciate it though!

BTW, anybody have any advice on spray can 'touch ups'? :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Dr. T

Well brethern, I must be living right because I was able to fix the chainguard issue (thanks to my Dremel and a cutting wheel) and I actually cabled and (I believe correctly) mated the NOS Shimano 333 shifter to a new Nexus hub.

All that remains is receiving and installing a fender brace and touching up the paint and I'm home free!

YEAH BOIY!

Thanks for all the positive vibes guys!

Cheers,
Dr. T

SEE YA AT THE FINISHED PAGE DOC!! CUE UP THAT BLUE OYSTER CULT" JOAN CRAWFORD" SONG AND ....GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

OK, fender brace in, front fender and headlight installed......
Heading to the pool to hang out with some friends for a few hours......
Then, touch up the paint, finish polish and wax......

The finish page is in sight.....

Latest posts

Back