MuscleBeachChopper(ette)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MuscleBeachChopper(ette) - Fuzzy lighting pictures

Started working on my lighting last night (the key word here is started, I still to figure out things like wiring, battery placement,switch placement, etc), sorry for the crappy pics.

For the tail light I'm converting this Spaceliner rear reflector:
3881.jpg

I started by popping out the large top disc:
DSCF2903.jpg

Then I traced around the flashlight that I'm using as a light source, the 'foil' back was cut pretty easy with a razor knife.
DSCF2904.jpg

DSCF2905.jpg

Resinserted the disc in the reflector:
DSCF2906.jpg

Test fit the flashlight (it will be diassembled and hacked up to fit later :D ).
DSCF2907.jpg

It should be pretty bright!
DSCF2908.jpg

DSCF2909.jpg

For the headlight, I'm using another flashlight that will sit inside this Phantom unit.
DSCF2514.jpg

Not much to show yet, but it should be pretty simple. The flashlight sits just far enough back for a lens to cover it. Cool thing, the flashlight is black and so is the fender (the rest will be painted later, but it will stay black under the light). Hopefully it will give a cool look when it not on, kinda like a modern car headlight.

Here's a few pics with it mocked up (sans lens that i still need to find/buy)
DSCF2911.jpg

DSCF2910.jpg

Look who started taking a REAL interest in the build last night! This is the best part for me! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
DSCF2912.jpg

Well, that's it for now, frame should go to the shop tonight for kickstand extraction, then, weather permitting go into color over the weekend!

See ya soon!

Cheers,
Dr. T

HEY DOC!! I KNEW I WASN'T THE ONLY ONE WHO THOUGHT,HEY THESE SMALL FLASHLIGHT CAN BE USED FOR....STILL WATCHING YA LIKE A YOUNG JEDI. LOL IT LOOKS GOOD...NOW GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

Re: MuscleBeachChopper(ette) - Fuzzy lighting pictures

Dr. Tankenstein said:
Here's a few pics with it mocked up (sans lens that i still need to find/buy)
DSCF2911.jpg

DSCF2910.jpg

Great idea Doc! That thing looks wicked lit up in the dark even without a lense. Kind of spooky! Bike looks great so far & she looks darn proud of it! +1 on the color combo also. Can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve! 8)

Re: MuscleBeachChopper(ette) - can you say PINK!

Got the kickstand out Friday, so laid down some color.

Started with the brown front, here it is after 3 coats of color and clear.
DSCF2919.jpg

DSCF2918.jpg

Bought a stencil kit from eBay.
DSCF2920.jpg

This was going to be tough because I'm doing a flat finish beside a gloss, so I sprayed the pink, then immediately hit it with clear.
DSCF2922.jpg

Per the instructions, I let the paint get tacky and removed the stencils. It's not perfect, but I should be able touch it up.
DSCF2923.jpg

DSCF2924.jpg

DSCF2925.jpg

DSCF2926.jpg

I showed my daughter and she said "IT"S AMAZING!, DON"T TOUCH A THING!" Feelin' pretty good, ya know?
I'll let it cure a few days, then start assembly.

Cheers,
Dr. T

That looks awesome! I'd ride it!!! Bet she's one proud girl! Neopolitan chopperette! :lol: 8)

Thats awesome :shock: This build just keeps getting better and better 8)

MAN THAT COLOR REALLY POPS!! YOU WERE BUSY HUH!?! KEEP IT UP DOC. WE'RE ALL WATCHING. PEACE

Latest posts

Back