MuscleBeachChopper(ette)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick update before heading out to see Harry Potter.... :roll:

Got the tank installed and wired
DSCF3030.jpg

Here's an idea of how bright the rear light is
DSCF3033.jpg

installed the chainguard too
DSCF3032.jpg

Here's the reaction!
DSCF3031.jpg

Clear is drying on the front fender, so should be able to knock it out today. Then off to the LBS to get the kickstand installed and get some help with the Nexus.

Cheers,
Dr. T

So, you've been so busy on the build that you didn't have time to take the Christmas tree down?

z-bikes said:
So, you've been so busy on the build that you didn't have time to take the Christmas tree down?

Down in Florida, it's Christmas everyday! :lol: :lol: :lol: Great job on the paint Doc! Bike is lookin great! 8)

You already received your trophy, by the smile on her face. Great work on a cool ride!

Re: MuscleBeachChopper(ette) - final update!

OK, my opinion of Frog Tape may be changing...2 coats of color (basically dried completely, then a coat of clear), these lines are really sharp.

DSCF3034.jpg

I kinda installed the 3 speed shifter and cable, kinda. Gonna take it to my LBS tomorrow (hopefully) to press in the kickstand and adjust the shifter and basically, it's done. So, baring any last minute drama, this will be the final build update.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Nice 8) Can't you put the kickstand in by yourself :? I just wanna know because I'm looking to get one and was planning on doing it myself :wink:

Lets plan to meet at the shop at the same time! I need Hamlit to do brakes for my Hutch...Say 2ish?

Looks sick. Keep it up. Oh and Maggie flipped over her bike! My sister is one jealous girl right now!

Oh and Schwinnray...He needs the right tool to put in that kinda kickstand, witch our LBS has!

Bike looks great Doc ,! i useally jest use a C clamp and a small nut to press in those Schwinn Kik stands good luck with 8) yer biuld !

Thanks for all the comps guys, this may be the best bike I've ever built. Everything just 'works' if you know what I mean.

I've heard you can install Schwinn kickstands with a C clamp, but at this point I don't want to jack up the paint by trying to do it myself. Honestly, I need the help with the Nexus anyway, so might as well take care of this too.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Re: MuscleBeachChopper(ette) - last minute setback!

Well, took the bike to my LBS yesterday...when I took the bike out of the car, I scratched the awesome graphics on the chainguard! UUUGGGHHH! Turns out I didn't, the fat non-Schwinn fender pushed the chainguard out so the crank is rubbing! DANG IT! Guess what was the ONE thing I didn't mock up before paint, yep, that's right. So, I'm going to CAREFULLY modify the chainguard.

But wait, there's more... :roll:
While we were looking at cabling the shifter, the NOS cable got caught in chainring! UUUUGGGGHHHH! Thing is, and this hard to explain, but short story, now I have to drill/notch the tank to run a new thicker cable through it (old cable was feeding through the horn vent (it makes more sense in person).

So brothers, look to the bike gods in the sky and ask them to smile down on me while we try to fix it this evening.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Latest posts

Back