MuscleBeachChopper(ette)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OK, gonna throw my hat in the ring.
This build is for my daughter, nothing radical is planned, just a cool one-of-a-kind bike to get her around the neighborhood.
When I asked her what style bike she wanted, she said “I don’t know, show me some pictures”. So I showed her pics of classic full-fendered cruisers with tanks, “hmm..those are nice, what else you got?” Then came photos of musclebikes, same reaction…then choppers…..
So, in the end the bike will have elements of all three styles.
Don’t want to give away too much yet, but, here’s some of the parts I’m starting with:

1972 Schwinn Lil’ Chik frame
DSCF2512.jpg

NOS Shimano 333 Twistgrip
DSCF2518.jpg

Bantam chainguard
DSCF2516.jpg

Some 20” alloys
bikestuffforsale320.jpg

some mini apehangers
DSCF2522.jpg

donor fork from this
DSCF2505.jpg

Pretty boring so far,huh? Well, the next batch of parts will hopefully take it up a notch!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Looks like a pretty good start doc! In the bottom pic, is the mailman in the background bringing you more parts??? :lol: :lol:

Re: MuscleBeachChopper(ette) - more parts and a mock up!

pick,
:roll: you never know!
herr_rudolf,
Luckily, she's almost 11 (birthday is July 4th, so I've got a shorter deadline than August 1st) the OCC was WAY too small.
Some more parts:
horn tank, soon to be light switch tank
DSCF2517.jpg

fresh rechromed kickstand
DSCF2519.jpg

Electra 'semi-slick' kiddie Townies
DSCF2530.jpg

first mockup!
DSCF2528.jpg

Cheers,
Dr. T

Looking good - love the mock-up already .. this is going to be a build off to remember, many awesome projects already, and it's been what, 24 hours ??

Tell your daughter she has good taste in custom bikes :mrgreen:

Thanks for the encouraging words fellas, there's still a couple of 'ain't seen that yet' features coming for this little bike. IF I can pull them off! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Fireproof said:
Hey Dr. T, first mock-up is looking cool! 8) I hope you can get yer daughter in on helping with the build.
I’m wondering what you’re doing with the wheels . . . those mini chopper have a 20" in the front, right?
Lookin’ forward to seein’ what yer gonna do next!

Fireproof, I hope so too! At this point, she's more of a 'director' than a 'producer' :mrgreen:
BTW the minis have a 16 x 3 rear, 18 x 1.95 up front, not sure why the 4 inch difference like the full-size model (20 rear, 24 front) wasn't kept. Imagine the market for those Stingray tires if they would have been 20 x 2.125, huh?

Cheers,
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
...herr_rudolf,
Luckily, she's almost 11 (birthday is July 4th, so I've got a shorter deadline than August 1st) the OCC was WAY too small...

first mockup!
DSCF2528.jpg

Oops...
Well, I have this problem imagining how big (or small) these bikes are irl...

But enough of that. Look at what you came up with already!! Man that thing is already way cooler than A LOT of boy's bikes that get posted... I'm sure Ed Roth would be proud of you if he saw this thing... I don't know. There's just something about that vintage green combined with a wide whitewall...
8)

Cheesey update alert!
What better chainring for my 'sweetheart's' bike but a 36 tooth one of these!
sweetheartsprocket.jpg

Told it was cheesey! mmmmmmmm........cheese...... :roll:

Looks like work on the bike is paused by the Mrs. until I "do something with that fish tank of yours!" :cry: :lol: :lol:

Cheers,
Dr. T

herr_rudolf said:
I'm sure Ed Roth would be proud of you if he saw this thing... I don't know. There's just something about that vintage green combined with a wide whitewall...
8)

I agree 100% that green and the purple with the white walls looks killer! old school chopper style. needs some metal flake 8)

While I agree with you both, the color scheme will disgustingly sweet (I tried, really I did) :roll:
Maybe I can be the first to win with a PINK bike! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
istockphoto_3565280-neapolitan-ice-cream.jpg

pickle said:
herr_rudolf said:
I'm sure Ed Roth would be proud of you if he saw this thing... I don't know. There's just something about that vintage green combined with a wide whitewall...
8)

I agree 100% that green and the purple with the white walls looks killer! old school chopper style. needs some metal flake 8)

Cheers,
Dr. T

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was thinking maybe put a small fish tank inside the horn tank. Kind of a tank-in-a-tank thannnnnnng. :mrgreen:

On a separate note Rini Enterprises is AWESOME!!

Placed an order Monday afternoon and got the stuff today! That's from Pittsburgh (GO STILLERS!) PA to Atlanta, GA in essentially 2 days!

Now THAT is how you do business!! :wink: Woo!!!!

Cheers,
Dr.T

Latest posts

Back