MuscleBeachChopper(ette)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the kind words guys.
This little bike is really coming along, seeing that it will eventually be ridden by my daughter, I'm making sure that I do everything 'right' ya know? In the end, it's got to be a functional, safe bike that I can feel also feel good about.

Stay tuned, I may try a test run of the two color, two finish (flat beside gloss) paint scheme before my family arrives for a visit next week (a.k.a. a big HALT to any builds).

Until then....
Cheers,
Dr. T

Color palate will be compliments of our friends at Krylon.

The primary color will be Watermelon, topped with gloss clear
210-59-104.gif

The accent color will be Camouflage Brown, topped with flat clear
84-61-35.gif

White accents will be the seat, pedals, grips, whitewalls, decals....

mmmmm.....dark chocolate covered watermelon ala mode :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Dr. T

Who decided that the "color" watermelon would be defined by what's inside the fruit instead of what's outside? :?

yoothgeye said:
Who decided that the "color" watermelon would be defined by what's inside the fruit instead of what's outside? :?

That would have been the "Association Pour Les Nouvelles Couleurs Du Monde" chaired by Napoleon´s brother in 1807.
They decided then :roll:

GREAT JOB DOCTOR. SHE'S GOING TO BE THE ENVY OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD. PEACE

Dr. Tankenstein said:
I would suspect this is the same group that has us referring to pants as a 'pair'.

Also on the forefront of adding the color "Burnt Sienna" to the Crayola big box.

Re: MuscleBeachChopper(ette) - 6/19 small update

Well, got back on track this weekend.
Took the rear rim and Nexus 3-speed coaster to Hamlet at Boneshaker's Bicycle to lace up.
Considering the wheel will go on my daughter's bike, I didn't want to 'experiment' with lacing my first wheel.

Back in my comfort zone, I stripped the fork, here's a before shot showing where I had the steer tube extended.
DSCF2896.jpg

Hit the parts with some Aircraft stripper and a visit to the wire wheel.
DSCF2898.jpg

Primed with some red oxide primer.
DSCF2899.jpg

I'll try to get them into color/top coat this week.

Next, I strippped the frame to the bare metal, again with a liberal spraying of Aircraft stripper and some hand sanding to get the last bits off.
DSCF2897.jpg

I'll hit the frame with a coat of self-etching primer tomorrow, then red oxide, then to my LBS to get the kickstand removed before I spray color.

Should be a productive week!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Channel locks to compress the spring and another set of pliers to pull the pin out.

This years entries are going to be great!

Re: MuscleBeachChopper(ette) paint sneek peak

Here's the color/finish scheme on the chainguard. The pink is glossy while the brown is flat. Still need to add some painted on graphics, but you get the idea.
NOTE: Something I learned, paint the 'flat' color first, it will accept blue painter's tape better than gloss.

DSCF2900.jpg

Cheers,
Dr. T

GREAT COLOR CHOICE DOC! I SEE YA BACK AT WORK. YA KNOW I'M WATCHING THIS BUILD SO GET TA BUILDIN'!! IT'S LOOKING GOOD. HEY I TOOK YA ADVICE. THANKS AGAIN FOR REMINDING ME. PEACE

Keeping on schedule (it's the PM in me :roll: ), I spayed on a coat of etching primer.
DSCF2901.jpg

Followed by a coat of red oxide.
DSCF2902.jpg

I'll let it cure for a couple of days in the oven of a shed I have, then prep for color.

Starting to get into it now!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Love the brown and pink. My younger daughter's room is brown and pink and when you look at where the brown and pink meet at the white ceiling it looks like a carton of Neopolitan ice cream, so I had plans to build my wife a brown, pink, and creme bike and call it the Neopolitan... she wasn't into it.

Latest posts

Back