MuscleBeachChopper(ette)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was too hot to do yardwork until after 5:00, so I took a little 'me time' in the lab.
Installed the BB, sprocket and pedals, love those white bow tie copies!

DSCF2934.jpg

DSCF2937.jpg

Then I assembled the front end, it was challenging finding bearings that would mate 1" cups with 1 1/8" fork and bottom race.
FYI, a set of Worksman 1" bearings fit pretty nicely.

DSCF2940.jpg

DSCF2941.jpg

DSCF2942.jpg

Here's the sight I left as I shutoff the lights and headed out to cut the grass.

DSCF2943.jpg

Once, I finished the grass, I opened a cold beverage and got the tank stripped (actually did that earlier), primed in self-etching and red oxide, then 3 coats of brown, followed by 3 coats of clear flat.

DSCF2933.jpg

DSCF2945.jpg

DSCF2944.jpg

That's it for now, gonna grab a little food and head down to the neighborhood pool. Maybe I'll mask off the tanks tonight, maybe...

Cheers,
Dr. T

That's really coming together Dr.T :D Keep up the good work, can't wait to see it all done :wink:

My buddy and I want to build up a bike for his little girl (10) and have her help design it. I will definitely show her yours as to what is possible. Great paint transition on the frame. Can't wait to see the tank.

Put a little time in on the tank today.

Masked it off.
DSCF2946.jpg

Laid down some pink (quickly becoming my LEAST favorite color to spray) and some clear gloss.
DSCF2947.jpg

Let them dry until tacky and removed the masking tape.
DSCF2948.jpg

DSCF2951.jpg

Now to ignore them for a few days before applying the 'Schwinn' decals and maybe some pinstriping.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Lookin great I love the dad and kids tag team builds. My son is four months and I'm already thinking about pimpin his first trike!

This color says pass me a spoon! It's so creamy. Good work Doc!!

Thanks guys, it is coming along nicely.. Hopefully, I can get my wheel from the LBS and make it a 'roller this week. Then it's just overcoming fenders/lighting. Oh yeah, we may be switching out the handlebars to something lower. But, that'll wait until she can actually sit on it! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Dr. T

lookin sweet, love the pink n brown! wheredd you get those awesome pedals from? i just built a showrod and those would be PERFECT! :mrgreen:

Re: MuscleBeachChopper(ette) - tank finished?

Laid some Schwinn frame decals on the tank. I'm pretty happy with them, my daughter LOVES them!
IF I get brave, I may hand stripe the 'vents', maybe,maybe.... :roll:
Do I REALLY need to clear coat them? The reason I ask, They are glossy white sitting on top of flat brown and it's COOL looking!

DSCF2952.jpg

Cheers,
Dr. T

Those are cherry, and I vote for striping the vents.

Fireproof said:
Lookin' good, Dr. T! 8)

+1 I bet she's lovin it so far!!! Maybe even as much as you!! I may have to do one with those colors for my grand daughter, she's only 8 months old so I have a little time. :lol: :lol:

LOOKING GOOD DOC!! DO IT ! YOU KNOW YA WANNA STRIPE EM' SO..GTB

Latest posts

Back