My 2nd Dayton-Huffman Bomber build- '41 W-Flyer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In Arkansas bombing the trails on a Dayton.
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Well heres what im starting with (in its sale pic lol) A 1941 Western Flyer Badged Dayton.
lights003_zps6e1b886f.jpg

I'm very fond of these frames as of their geometry happens to be perfectly fit to me. This one still wears it original paint and i will be leaving it. Cause my other dayton, my '47 used to be and you know what they say "its only original once"

And it has some slight irony, its going to be built as a bomber (single speed klunker) and its from 1941.

Just ordered a 47t anodised red porkchop bmx chopsaw sprocket for it, and a set of glow-in-the-dark Oury grips (just to see if they work)

Also not sure on the bars i want to use, im running wald 13in ape hangers on my other bomber but may use something different on this one. Anybody got any ideas?

13" seems a little high for a bomber, how tall are you?

After you identified mine as a Huffman-Dayton, I remembered seeing something about them building bikes for the military. Got excited a bit and studied G-519's, thought if I painted it, would use Rustoleum High Heat flat red and put on some Civil Defense decals (prefer phantoms over clones).
I don't need another project, it is still for sale.

13" seems a little high for a bomber, how tall are you?

After you identified mine as a Huffman-Dayton, I remembered seeing something about them building bikes for the military. Got excited a bit and studied G-519's, thought if I painted it, would use Rustoleum High Heat flat red and put on some Civil Defense decals (prefer phantoms over clones).
I don't need another project, it is still for sale.

IM about 6ft, and yes they built some for the military, my 1947 was a navy issue bike.

Latest posts

Back