my Bloody Red build (DONE!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: my Bloody Red build (Update!)

1) i really like the way this build is goin'
2) where didja find the bar?
3) i'll be keepin' an eye on this build up.

the build is looking good! i have a stem like those, its too fat for my fork though.

Thanks guys!! Another quick update.. I just scored a vintage track skip tooth cog from a fellow RRBer so this beast is going to be a fixed gear bike after all!!! as for the color lay out the frame/main(back) fork is going to be gloss black and the rims/spring(front) fork are going to be candy red.. with phil woods polished hubs and gloss black pinstripe lines on the rims (done by yours truely). Also i'll be running all white tires, black J.C. Higgins grips, and dark brown Brooks B67 seat

Re: my Bloody Red build (BARS! and my first screw up)

So my bars came in and they are sweet!! the bad news is my goose neck wont work with them and i scratched the heck out of them with the goose neck.. so now I hope i can get these scratched out as these bars are aluminum, and now i'm on the search for a another gooseneck that will work

Re: my Bloody Red build (the scratches!)

so here are the scratches i put into the bars before wet sanding with 800 grit..
Bscratches1.jpg

Bscratches2.jpg

Re: my Bloody Red build (UPDATE)

I know its been some time since my last log in.. I took my crank and front fork to the powder coater today to get powder coated candy red over gold, and I also dropped off my sprocket at the chrome shop! finally moving forward with this project :mrgreen:

Re: my Bloody Red build (NEW PICS!)

ooohh liking the white tires and blue frame combo, even if thats not
the way it ends up. but theres something about patina that just grabs ya!
cool sprocket too!!

Re: my Bloody Red build (CHrome/Paint!)

Wow :!:

it is looking real good :D

it's there a dog leg in the work's :?:

Latest posts

Back