my Bloody Red build (DONE!!!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: my Bloody Red build (99% finished)

so here are a few quick pics I took on the build so far.. I got everything together and it all came together better than I thought. All that is left it to weld the cog to the rear hub (JB weld) and put my chain on! I will be taking better pics asap
WildC1.jpg

WildC2.jpg

Re: my Bloody Red build (99% FINISHED)

Love it :!: , That's a fine build 8)

WAIT!

Before you JB weld that cog on, try a bottom bracket lock ring.

The older English style bottom bracket lock rings are the same thread as a freewheel hub and one might work to lock this guy on. Then it's not permanent. :wink: Rat bikes like to change.

OR: if the thread on your hub is not the same as a freewheel hub, which seems likely as you are using a threaded cb (new departure I assume?) ring, try the threaded lockring of a coaster brake hub. The ring from any cb hub with a threaded cog/driver should do fine.

That aside, that is a beautiful bike.

Unchained said:
WAIT!

Before you JB weld that cog on, try a bottom bracket lock ring.

The older English style bottom bracket lock rings are the same thread as a freewheel hub and one might work to lock this guy on. Then it's not permanent. :wink: Rat bikes like to change.

That aside, that is a beautiful bike.
It is the same as a freewheel thread.. I have heard about using an english bottom bracket lock nut, but have no idea what kind of bottom bracket I should be looking for..
Should I be looking for an old one peice type or something else? Oh and if anyone has a English style bottom bracket lock ring that will work .. I want to buy it!!

Quick update: I found a bottom bracket lock ring that will work and i plan on using that to lock my TDC track cog on. Also does anyone know if you can take a link out on a Daimond skip tooth chain? Mine is two links too long

That's sweet 8) Black, red, and white color combo looks great :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back