My Craigslist Find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't pass this up. Originally listed for $80 then after I asked for more pictures, the seller sent them and also dropped the price to $60. Ran the serial number with the local police just to make sure it wasn't reported stolen since the price was too good to believe. Came back with no report of it being stolen.

IMAG1718_zpswcnj3pbq.jpg

IMAG1720_zpsxewihcld.jpg

IMAG1723_zpsvnpmfclz.jpg

IMAG1727_zpsqzogaiwd.jpg

IMAG1722_zpsiujbqiaf.jpg

IMAG1717_zpsigutvm9d.jpg

With the help of a friend, we were able to get the rear wheel somewhat back to being straight. Still needs some work, but the spoke nipples that need to be adjusted are rounded out. Not sure if I will replace the nipples and one or two spokes that are bent or just get another rim. I got this bike with the intent of cleaning it up so I can get my wife out on the bike path with me. She's not thrilled about the color. When we were talking about it, I was about to say that candy apple red would probably look sweet, but she beat me to it. Gonna do some more mechanical work to it before I focus on the appearance. The derailleur is a little beat up too, but it shifts through all the gears with no problems.
I haven't done much to it yet. Pulled the funky grips off and tossed them, cleaned some sticky residue off the handlebars (still more to clean off) and just bought a tube for the front tire. The rear tire has a bald spot where it looks like someone dragged it for five miles. Eventually both tires will be replaced with new ones.
Being in between jobs right now, I have to watch what I am spending. Baby step for now...

Right on, nice score. Electras cruise real nice...I've been on the lookout (sort of) for a cruiser for my wife too.

Latest posts

Back