My Latest Hair-brained Scheme

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've got a line on an older Huffy Good Vibrations frame that's cheap and in good shape. I have a spare 26" Huffy wheel set off a Nel Lusso. I also have a single 26 x 2.3 Krad (I'm thinking use this in the back.) My front tire would be a 26 x 1.25 Bontrager slick. And for the coup de gras, a pair of Z bars I have laying around. I know it would look sick but would it be rideable?

I think so. Does the Huffy frame have forks and cranks? Probably everything from the Nel Lusso will fit the older frame.

I think so. Does the Huffy frame have forks and cranks? Probably everything from the Nel Lusso will fit the older frame.
Sure does, he says it's American made too (not sure if Good Vibrations even go back that far.) I'm bout to cruise out and fetch it tomorrow. That little bit of front end rake just screamed "do something freaky". Once I have the frame it should be a quick throw together and ride.

Probably a Dayton, OH made Huffy bike if it has the made in USA sticker on it. They were made in the USA maybe up to the early 90's. The serial number will help get what year it was made.

Well piss, somebody beat me to it. Oh well I'll keep my eyes peeled for another. Anyone have any intel on how a bike set up like this will ride and handle? Is it something I could jump on and ride 20-40 miles comfortably?

Okay so instead of a throw together bike, I've decided to make this a long term build. I've got a Cranbrook in my stable. It's complete and currently my grab and go beach cruiser. For the build I'm thinking a turquoise blue frame and fork with gloss black wheels, handlebars and stem. For the tires I'll be running a 2.5 Hookworm in the back and a 1.5 Kenda City slick up front. The handlebars will be a funky z bar motorcycle rig plugged into a gloss black BMX stem. If it matches the picture in my head, it's gonna be sick. For now I'll sit on my single KRad and at some point put together a 4-6er mullet klunker.

Sounds like a winner, and should ride just as comfortable as your Cranbrook, or better.

Latest posts

Back