My mysterius CWC build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So i managed to get a little done today, I got my frame and fork primered. Second, I got around to degreasing, cleaning and polishing my sprocket and last but not least, I started on my hubs! Here are some pics of my progress.

Here is a shot of the SER# before paintwent on
Here is my sprocket, it is a lot rougher than i thought it would be, I will deff be replating it in the future but it will do for now.

cman said:
those rims look like Schwinn S2's.

I remember reading something about old schwinn wheels needing special tires. Am I right? or did I read some BS?

Lookin' forward to this build, Joe. After seein' what you did with the Jet Fire, I know you have good taste and an eye for details.
Messin' with old hubs and bearings, I like giving them a squirt of Gunk Engine Brite then letting them set for a while before rinsing them off.
Anyways, keep up the good work! 8)

sdJOE86 said:
cman said:
those rims look like Schwinn S2's.
I remember reading something about old schwinn wheels needing special tires. Am I right? or did I read some BS?
Yes and no. Schwinn S2's are normal size tires. 26x2.125 should fit.

Schwinn S7 and a few others are odd sized.

Cool thanks guys. They are s 2's.
I got some stuff yesterday. I sprayed some flat chocolate brown on the frame and some bronze on some small parts. I also picked up a springer, I dont know if I am going to use it though....
Here is a pic after the first tack coat

Thanks guys. I got my badge polished up this morning (somewhat) I am really digging the patina on it. I managed to polish of the scrathes that someoone made on it witha wire brush a little bit. I need to hunt around for some spokes today, The spokes I had were too fae gone. Several of them cracked by me just lightly pressing my thumb on them.

Latest posts

Back