My neighbor finally gave 'em up!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, my neighbor has had these bikes in his field for at least five years. I bothered him about every year and he always said "well, I dunno, I might do somethin' with that trike and that folder might be worth some money". Turns out he's got married since I talked to him last, I guess his wife isn't as understanding as mine :lol: .

This Raleigh folder has a '68 S/A three speed hub. It is rusted together pretty good but I think it'll come apart OK. One of the tubes has and old style valve stem where it's like a Schraeder, only threaded all the way down, and with a lock nut like a Presta valve.

raleigh-folder1.jpg

This is a Schwinn, it's rusted all shut also, I've got a girls frame of like age and size, also in bad shape. I might sell them as a set! :lol:

wee-schwinn.jpg

What should I do with this? It's going to be for my wife, she's going to make the decisions and I'm going to do the work. Now, wait a minute!! That sound familiar! I think it's going to come apart OK. She says the apes have to go. I'm sure I can find someplace for them.

monkeytrike.jpg

And a Huffy! This one has the best paint. Glitter red original paint, white spray bomb over that and then some red overspray from something else on top of that. Cool! It's going to get BMX bars a moto seat and 72 spoke five speed wheels, a' la Black & Tang.

another-huffy.jpg

This Huffy I found at the town dump, my best source. I had one like it when I was a boy. It was bigger and had a three speed hub.

dirtbikenight-1.jpg

The seat is going on this bike: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=47113

Thanks for looking.

It's a shame that little raleigh is like that, Thats worth good coin, I got the big brother version with 20" wheels, they have a high price on them if in good conditon Raleigh twenty aswell as other folders like this Are the best vintage folders to have

Hsean said:
It's a shame that little raleigh is like that, Thats worth good coin, I got the big brother version with 20" wheels, they have a high price on them if in good conditon Raleigh twenty aswell as other folders like this Are the best vintage folders to have

The only problem is now everyone is finding this out and trying to sell them. It's a buyers marked for Raleigh 20s if you want one. :mrgreen:

Still a cool bike though.

-Moto

Yeah thats true,I myself would pay good money for one in good condition, like this one I already own, however I paid 0$ for it lol I have a brown one and green one. Though his is the model with smaller wheels, it's much harder to find and highly wanted, ontop of that it's one of the first ones made, I wouldnt mind owning it lol

This is my green one, It has nice bmx tires on it now though
100_2657.jpg

Thanks guys. Speaking of Raleighs I also have a 1936 Raleigh Golden Arrow. I don't even know what to do with it. I got it for $40 at a swap meet. It's in parts now, in line for attention. I'll have it back together this winter. It is what got me into this whole old bike thing, pretty much.

The golden Arrow is a awesome bike, don't loose the parts! They are lovely bikes

This is what I have, It's believed to be a Raleigh Sports. We never really did find out though, It's like yours but has alot more things on it, Handlebars are also like that but upside down because frames to small to be used like that lol
100_2287.jpg

Latest posts

Back