My neighbor wants me to sell this Schwinn for her

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was her bike when she was a girl.
SN makes it Mar 1969

Any idea what I should price it at on CL?
The sale is for her, not me. Thanks for any info!

I've seen guys recently trying to sell similar bikes on Ebay for $200 or less with no success. One went from a 250 BIN to 175, and you could still read the chainguard. I just bought a bunch of parts off one a guy couldn't sell. You may want to look at adding up what the parts individually would sell for, as broken up it might pay. However it seems like some of the stuff isn't in primo shape so be careful.. Some of the parts could be incorrect as well so research before listing anything on Ebay as original Schwinn parts...The seat looks wrong, and bolts have been replaced.

I've seen guys recently trying to sell similar bikes on Ebay for $200 or less with no success. One went from a 250 BIN to 175, and you could still read the chainguard. I just bought a bunch of parts off one a guy couldn't sell. You may want to look at adding up what the parts individually would sell for, as broken up it might pay. However it seems like some of the stuff isn't in primo shape so be careful.. Some of the parts could be incorrect as well so research before listing anything on Ebay as original Schwinn parts...The seat looks wrong, and bolts have been replaced.

I was thinking of $150.00 as-is. I agree that a number of things seem to have been changed. The head badge was missing, so I put the only one that I had on it. The seat looks re-covered to me, but is kind of attractive. The grips? Not Schwinn? Did they ever use these instead of the Schwinn scripted ones? The tires are made in Twain, so not original. I would only list it with a disclaimer that some parts are not original.

Grips are definitely not Schwinn...Seat is good as a core if it is an original, check for a reflector tab and a Persons mark.If someone offers less , take your headbadge back off and sell it. Do an Ebay search and you'll see a lot of cheap Stingrays right now.

It's got too many parts missing to be worth top dollar. It's a girls bike, middleweight with no S2 on the rear. Only a few parts will swap to a boys bike. If I had a daughter that wanted it I wouldn't pay more than $50 or so. Just my opinion as I don't value girls bikes very highly. Gary

Kinda looks to me like someone either stripped parts to complete a Stingray, or added parts to make it look like one, or to fit a growing child. Now mostly extinct mower and appliance repair places used to do that a lot with second hand bikes. As a whole bike, IMO maybe 75.

Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate it. I believe that her dad was the one who "cared" for the bike over the years, and "upgraded" it for her. Who would have thunk that anybody would drag home old rusty stuff because it is original? :)

I've purchased similar girls Sting-Rays in the $50-$80 range.

It would probably be more in the $150 range if it weren't missing all of the original parts and still had all of the graphics.

Just add OBO to your thnking on the $150 price. You can go down but never go up. That's a $35 chain guard, a $20 sprocket, a $20 crank, a $15 Stem, etc...or at least they are offered here for prices in that area....higher on fleabay. Check out Chicago Schwinn guy's recent Lil Chik partout.

If it were mine, I'd give it a quick cleaning and put it on CL for $100.

I've purchased similar girls Sting-Rays in the $50-$80 range.

It would probably be more in the $150 range if it weren't missing all of the original parts and still had all of the graphics.

You are most likely right. Will see what happens at her price first.
Can always reduce or OBO. Thanks for the opinions all!

Latest posts

Back