My new office

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyGold

Epic Level Bike Hoarder! 🏆
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
When I came back to work a couple months ago, I asked to be moved to a different machine on the other side of the shop.

Here is my 'new' office space :grin:...
IMG_20201110_183255354.jpg

...and desk area...
IMG_20201110_183328071.jpg

I got a corner office...but there isn't much of a view :wondering:.

Mostly huge commercial 3D printers...this guy does most of the frame members. We have a (much) bigger machine that finishes off whole frames after they are welded together.
I purchased (and substantially modified) a Tron X5SA pro printer that could print at this size. The frame, rails, and a few other small elements are all that's left.
It's just a regular printer when I'm not printing larger stuff. However, I would try to stay away from going much bigger than that. This computer is still tiny enough to run on a single 24V power source and was reasonably priced. If you increase the build volume by a few centimeters, the price quickly rises.

Last edited by a moderator:
I purchased (and substantially modified) a Tron X5SA pro printer that could print at this size.
I've moved on to another employer now (titanium aircraft castings)...the shop I worked for above made printers for 3D Systems...like these...
3DSystemsProX.jpeg

...and that wasn't the largest. Frames were made from up to 3/16" wall 3"x6" tubing. Some of the printers we were making were near $2M each.

Latest posts

Back