MY OWN "UNCLE STRETCH" COLSON CLONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Well, my Uncle Paul is at it again. Seems he just can't get enough of building these stretched frames. :lol:

He's in the middle of making one up for me and I thought I'd start a thread to show the progression.

He is using 3/4 schedule 40 pipe for the main frame, 5/8 schedule 40 pipe for the chain stay and
5/8 solid rod for the back top part. Basic translation...this bike is seriously solid.

He weighed the first one he built and it weighed 45lbs fully built up...springer fork, nexus 3 speed, etc.

I'm still thinking about how I'm going to finish this bike off....got a few ideas, but far from final on anything.

He's in the process of coming up with a mass production plan for these frames which may enable
him to have them built out of aluminum. Again though, it's all in the planning stages.

Just curious about how many of you would seriously consider buying a frame like this if the price was right.

inhopper.jpg

rr1.jpg

rr4.jpg

rr3.jpg

rr1.jpg

rr2.jpg

almost3.jpg

almost2.jpg

unclestretchweblogo.jpg

tikiharl said:
I would be intrested, I really like that frame, but I am afraid the shipping would be outta site for that size to AZ. 8)

Probably not as bad as you think.

I sent a entire ladies 1953 Schwinn Panther (very heavy bike) via FedEx for $60 from Dallas to some place up in CT.

Shipping just the frame would probably be half that much.

I would, but I also live in AZ. and would have to consider the cost of shipping. Also post the cost of the Aluminum Frame compared to the other frame. 8)

heck yeah, I'd be interested, especially in an aluminum one. You could slap some seriously wide wheels in that rear triangle. Would he be able to do traditional straight-bar as well?

jeff

I wouldn't mind even a steel one Steve. I see an uncle Stretch frame build off in the works. Seriously Steve A Next Nexus 3-spd Wally Bike for a donor $119 and you've got a roller... I am considering a RANS Fusion but am having a hard time getting the $1000 price past the wife... tha advantage to the Rans is Crank Forward Design and 21 speeds.. all at 26 pounds. The Electra Townie runs around $420 for a 21-spd.. again a crank forward design. If he could get these out delivered for $200ish I would consider it. All the vinatge cool with the modern comfort. I'm in. Anyone want to buy a Pashley? :D One caveat... an UNCLE STRETCH headbadge is a must.

You could add me to the list of someone who wants one! Would look sweet next to my Rollfast! :wink:
L8 EM

i would be a potential buyer too.

sweeeet. if i might add, tripple tree forks would looks sweet, possibly some 24x3 in. tires.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I LIKE I LIKE I LIKE

i really like what he is doing there something like i was thinking of creating myself as i said before and selling them too. there is a big market for these in my opinion that are less expensive than some of the other options that are around. personally i wanted to create a slightly longer version of the higgins not quite as long as what he did. hope you dont feel i am stepping on your toes i love what he is doing there will he be taking custom orders? i would still love to see one with shorter seat stays so the tire was slammed aganst the seat post. lol sorry again excellent work and looks like a great base to toss a whizzer motor into.

He can pretty much do whatever...he plans to do one with a shorter rear and normal drop outs.

His advantage is he has connections in Mexico with a manufacturing company that may be able to produce these out of aluminum.

He's sending a frame off to them to see what they can do.

He's not really wanting to spend all his time building frames....it's a TON of work.

Latest posts

Back