My rusty craigslist find of the day

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Found a couple great Schwinn's today at yard sales but this rusty stretch cruiser frame I found on Craigslist was my deal of the day . Thinking W.B.O.
100_2260.JPG
100_2261.JPG

That should be a fun one to build!:thumbsup: Very Cool Find.
oh...and then you also find a couple of great Schwinns at yard sales!?..in February !!!!!:banghead:
Nice Sammi...real nice.;)
THAT'S IT! I'm selling my home and headin' south.
igloo-sale-11861014.jpg

I have a stepbrother that went crazy from the heat sold his home here in sunny AZ to move to a home like that in Alaska and work commercial fishing :crazy:
That should be a fun one to build!:thumbsup: Very Cool Find.
oh...and then you also find a couple of great Schwinns at yard sales!?..in February !!!!!:banghead:
Nice Sammi...real nice.;)
THAT'S IT! I'm selling my home and headin' south.
igloo-sale-11861014.jpg

Do you have ideas for building this frame up?
It has so much potential. I'd have grabbed it too and just start throwing some parts at it.
I've haven't come across any decent stretch/custom frame deals to play with myself and have mostly kept to mid century American bikes as my 'keepers'.
I really like that current finish as a starting point.

It was a real barn find . The guy I got it from said his brother had it custom made then he got it from his brother stuck it in the barn in hopes of getting around to building it and never did . Can't believe this thing was on craigslist 4 hours and no one spotted it before I did . I'm already fitting parts and shopping for some more rust . The frame has just enough rust to make it beautiful thinking of just giving it a couple coats of flat clear .

100_2280.JPG
100_2278.JPG
100_2279.JPG
Sorry to knock the custom made thing. Thats a micargi mustang that someone etched the drop outs on. I have the same frame in peeling chrome lol.
It's not a mustang wrong down tube , to small seat post tube not as much arch to top tube smaller tubes below top tube come together at front instead of going to side of down tube welds are not commercial quality and frame has never been prepped for powder coat or paint

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back