Neat Old Pic

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I miss the days when it was actually safe to ride a bike across town on the streets, and "across town" was about 2 miles. Just saying....

Still some good neighborhoods out there, but they do fall few and far between.
I ride in Providence at least four hours a week, even when the snow hits. Some of those drivers deliberately race you to a light to make it across before you have to use the crosswalk. Leading accident cause in this state from visual experience.

I wont ride anything less than a steel body because of this. If you plan to hit me, Im gonna take the cost out of your wallet and your car.

The "good old days" when almost every kid got around on a bike. Now it seems like they expect their parents to drive them every where.
This post had me laughing so hard my eyes watered. I'm a kid, that's all I see now... I bought a car when I was 16 and am now 18. I still ride my bike almost everywhere and wonder why I got a car.

-J Wolf

The "good old days" when almost every kid got around on a bike. Now it seems like they expect their parents to drive them every where.

I miss the days when it was actually safe to ride a bike across town on the streets, and "across town" was about 2 miles. Just saying....

I agree with what y'all are saying, but I really ought to snap a photo of the bike racks at the middle school located about a block from home. This week has brought sub-freezing temperatures, so the weather has taken a big bite out of the student commuters, but on a nice day, there's just sooooooooo many bikes locked up at the school. It's almost enough to inspire some hope in the youth of today. :rockout:

The town where I live is maybe a little under 3 square miles, and every inch of road in town is restricted to a 25mph legal speed limit. As such, it's pretty safe to ride here, and the town only offers bus service to students with disabilities, so plenty of the kids do ride. Still, it's frustrating to see that a lot of them opt to score rides with their parents every day anyways. I mean, even if you're coming from the furthest reaches of town, it's still less than 2 miles. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back