Need Ideas For Obstacle Course

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen where chalk lines are drawn out in straight narrow lines and you have to stay between the lines. Don't want to mess with chalk. I'm thinking a long thin narrow board so there's a definite edge and you know when you drop off but I don't have such a board. Also a 2x8 teeter totter board pivoting right on the ground not high. Again I don't have such a board. I guess I have some ideas just don't want to put money into them.

You could do a balance thing... just time how long people can sit on the bike with feet off the ground. Nothing needed but a watch.

If you're in a marked parking lot the lines could be used instead of a board.

http://youtu.be/8fav2xogM74

something like this ?

limbo, teeter, ring grab, balance beam sort of relay thing

if you need wood for a balance beam or just lining a course, you could talk to a lot of retail stores that have pallets laying around most will be happy to get rid of them, just gotta be sure to pull the nails though !!!

a couple pallets leaned up against a wall or each other make a decent bike rack too.

Well sorry guys, I just got word we are not doing the obstacle course. I guess that will be part of the safety clinic that another group is doing.

I think we'll do a Tube Toss and Bicycle Bowling instead.

I appreciate the good ideas and keep them coming incase we or someone else might do this in the future.

Oh and in this case there is no specific age group.

Thanks

Some ideas for cone usage:

Take four cones and make a 9x9 foot square (or whatever size you choose). Mark an entry point on one side and an exit on the other. Have riders ride in and do a circle (or two) without putting feet down, and ride out. You'd be surprised at how hard and how slow you have to do it. But it's a great confidence builder when u pull it off. I learned it in 8x8 foot squares.

Have riders ride up to a pair of cones and stop with their front tire between them and hold for two or three seconds and then pedal on... all without putting feet down.

Man, I'm ready for am obstacle course now :)

you could have an egg drop race, hold an egg on a wooden spoon while riding, get to the end and hand it off to another team member, best time wins, drop the egg and your team is out. i think ive seen the same thing holding beverages on some of the tour de fat vids.

I hosted a bike race rodeo several years ago. The highlight event was the time trial.

It was a straigh line run of about 100', around a cone and back. What I didn't tell anyone until the last minute is that they would be riding 12" wheeled bicycles. :D

Again, thanks all. SOme good ideas. I'm sure in the future we will be asked to do something like this. I hope others find these ideas useful.

We are still doing the Disgruntled Paperboy Throw.
We decided it would be a good idea to include some games that don't require bikes or riding.
Bicycle Bowling you roll a bicycle wheel at 2 liters of pop set up like bowling pins. We've done this once before at the bike fest.

Tube Toss will be like Ring Toss. Tossing innertubes over safety cones.

Latest posts

Back