Need to move my rack further back

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm fabricating a mounting plate for Milwaukee Packout gear, using Unbeaten Path Designs' 'Versamount' adapters. Putting on the low-profile items is fine, but moving up to something like a cooler, backpack, or even the compact toolbox leaves me having to set it about halfway down the rack to get out of the way of my saddle.

gghai3zrn9571.jpg

I noticed the feet on another bike's Axiom Streamliner rack. They would be perfect for what I'm trying to do, but they're not available for purchase by themselves (only the ones for nutted axles, image attached). Thought about putting a washer over the 'open' part of the other version to cover the negative space, but I'm not sure about clearance.

Hoping that someone has ones to spare, or can fabricate some of them. (I'm good with drilling and hand tools, but not really set up for cutting metal.) Similar adapter recommendations are very welcome. I should be able to bend some plating or substitute an existing stock bracket to cover the increased distance for the front-facing mount of the rack.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• pisd1ft5eub71.jpg
    pisd1ft5eub71.jpg
    282.6 KB · Views: 42
  • streamliner-nutted-axle-kit-1.jpg
    streamliner-nutted-axle-kit-1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 41

Latest posts

Back