Needing advice for saddle covering

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I found this saddle frame in a bucket of old road bike parts.

Does anyone have advice on where to buy a cover or on recovering it myself?

saddle frame.png

Tricky, because it has lost the base cover, which was probably leather or plastic. The base would be clipped and, from the look of the frame, rivetted on. If you have access to some decent thickish leather you could make your self a new base and rivet/clip that on. Is there any sign of the original base material under that big side rivet near the nose?

Once you have done that, all you need is some padding material and your leather/vinyl/canvas top cover of choice - which you can bond on with the edges wrapped around the base/frame.

Sounds doable to me. I was in the plastic fab business a long time ago and all one really needs to form most sheet plastics is an oven and a mold to form it over when hot. 1/16" sheet ABS should be easy to work with and durable.
Kydex as well. Readily available on the web and easy to work with

I was in the plastics biz so long ago, Kydex did not exist then. Looks legit to me.
I'm currently in the plastics business. IM, RIM, thermo........we process a lot of resin at our various plants

Latest posts

Back