New automatic Schwinn serial number lookup tool

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, my name is Patrick Sexton and I am the creator of schwinncruisers.com and I have exciting news. I have taken all the schwinn serial numbers from several databases and made a tool that automatically searches for it. This means you can enter a vintage (1948-1982) schwinn serial number and get info about when it was manufactured. It was a big job, and I am not through yet, but it currently works for most serial numbers that are 6 or 7 characters long. I entered literally thousands of entries into it to accomplish this and it has been weeks since I started.
I am wondering if some of you will try it out and let me know how it works for you so I can fix bugs in the code.

The tool is on the http://SchwinnCruisers.com homepage, top right hand side.

If you do try it and it works for your serial number, great!
If you try it and it doesn't work for your serial number, please let me know the serial number and I will check it out.
Remember, there is no such thing as complete records for Schwinn serial numbers, so not everyone's is going to work, but for a few million bikes, it will.

Thank you,
Patrick Sexton
Hello, I could not find the serial number for my bike, SD07MD8575.
If you could find details on this, I'd be grateful.

SD07MD8575. 2007 December. Made in China for Pacific, sold via Walmart. Most common Schwinn branded model from that era was the Frontier. A Pacific Schwinn number is indistinguishable from a Pacific Mongoose or Pacific Avigo or a Pacific Roadmaster or Pacific Huffy or Pacific Hello Kitty or Pacific Dyno, Dora the Explorer, Spiderman, Cannondale kids bikes, Paw Patrol, etc. Many Pacific bikes start with 5 letters but not all. The first 5 (or 2) letters generally do not match up to any of the many Pacific brands or models. The next 2 numbers are the year. Then the next letter is the month.

The Schwinn serial look up tool is for the mass production bikes made in Chicago until the factory closed in 1983.

There were some Japanese built Schwinn branded 10 speed bikes with serials that could start with SD but would only have numbers after the first 2 letters (Le Tour, Super Le Tour, Passage, etc).

B15F3A74-15DD-4B00-99D8-3E613E0D38D8.jpeg

Attachments

• C662CF09-2CEE-45AB-9398-823105090AA0.jpeg
    C662CF09-2CEE-45AB-9398-823105090AA0.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • D962E04B-CB51-4921-BE2A-5E3EDFD31912.jpeg
    D962E04B-CB51-4921-BE2A-5E3EDFD31912.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • D899B973-21AF-41DD-A19F-9BD2131AE8B2.jpeg
    D899B973-21AF-41DD-A19F-9BD2131AE8B2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Patrick, Have a Super Le Tour. On the drop out it shows 1100952 but the 2nd 1 also can look like a "I". I checked and find it is a 1957 year using 1100952 but Le Tour was not made yet. Can you help?
Hello Brap,

the serial number probably is with an "I", 1I00952. So frame built by Panasonic in 1981. Possibly a 1982 model year Super Le Tour.

Hello, my name is Patrick Sexton and I am the creator of schwinncruisers.com and I have exciting news. I have taken all the schwinn serial numbers from several databases and made a tool that automatically searches for it. This means you can enter a vintage (1948-1982) schwinn serial number and get info about when it was manufactured. It was a big job, and I am not through yet, but it currently works for most serial numbers that are 6 or 7 characters long. I entered literally thousands of entries into it to accomplish this and it has been weeks since I started.
I am wondering if some of you will try it out and let me know how it works for you so I can fix bugs in the code.

The tool is on the http://SchwinnCruisers.com homepage, top right hand side.

If you do try it and it works for your serial number, great!
If you try it and it doesn't work for your serial number, please let me know the serial number and I will check it out.
Remember, there is no such thing as complete records for Schwinn serial numbers, so not everyone's is going to work, but for a few million bikes, it will.

Thank you,
Patrick Sexton
Hello Patrick,
I have a an eye on an old repainted Schwinn that strikes me as a potential find. SI989668.
Has what appears to be remolds tube frame. Not ready for 150 mile round trip on a bad picture (yet). Thanks so much.

On the last two posts, those numbers are for later Schwinns, the lookup tool is for Chicago Schwinns to 1983. Pics are the best way to narrow down when it was built on later bikes.

Hi - I purchased a used pearl blue Chicago 27" 10-speed Traveler from Beverly Schwinn in Chicago back in 1983 or 84. The SN is 2347611. Appears from the catalogs that the 27" started in 1980 (the online SN tool comes back with a 1950s date). Assumption is that its from 1980-83. Mine is two toned with some white on it. I live in the Montana mountains on gravel so had not ridden it in 30+ years but just did and the tires disintegrated :)

Latest posts

Back