New from Wisconzona

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Have been lingering a little on the site before posting as I am trying to build a starting point. Fully retired--actually ride a lot, so why not enjoy the hobby more than a just from the seat. Over my career I had to sell many of cool bikes as I moved around--street to mountain and now a mixed stable of vintage and cruisers. I am a Snowbird (migrate from Wisconsin to Arizona in the winter months). Need bikes at both ends to enjoy, plus have a grandson that is interested as well and it is a good bonding time for us. Great posts and great ideas sparking my inspiration to experiment

Weenies :p. I live (and commute) in Wisconsin year round. That being said, I am also nowhere near retirement age :D.

Still, I don't see myself migrating south for the winter when I do reach that age. I love our four seasons :).

Welcome to the site. I'm glad to hear you're passing on the hobby to another generation :).

Weenies :p. I live (and commute) in Wisconsin year round. That being said, I am also nowhere near retirement age :D.

Still, I don't see myself migrating south for the winter when I do reach that age. I love our four seasons :).

Welcome to the site. I'm glad to hear you're passing on the hobby to another generation :).
Love the seasons as well, the career took me away, then the family kept me away, retirement opened the door to return to WI, now the kids live in AZ, so why not spend some time with the 5 grandkids during the winters. Plus we get the kids for one month in WI in the summer. Last year my 12 year grandson was starting to drift away with his bonds to his dad--during his visit I found a $25 64 Schwinn--totally beat down and not rideable. We worked a couple hours a day on it and got it looking decent/rideable--all the time we were looking at this site for more inspiration. Crazy thing is the 3 girls wanted bikes as well--so we have the barn full of bikes now and the summer plans are in place. My grandson keeps talking about cool bikes he sees--looking for the next level.

Latest posts

Back