New guy in Florida... And new life for a Trash Huffy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time posting... Been lurking for a little while... Built up a few BMX bikes waaaay back in the 80's...more recently (bout 7 years ago) freshened up a 60-something Columbia Rambler for my daughter... She calls it ketchup. That's a very brief background.....

PRESENT DAY....

YES..... it'd prefer if this was an old Columbia or Schwinn but beggars can't be choosers 😁 neighbor down the street put a clean but neglected Huffy Good Vibrations out for trash day. Dusty, dry rotted tires, grips and handlebar foam... And a gel seat. He couldn't believe I wanted it. Belonged in the trash he said.

THIS WILL NOT STAND

Because it wasn't anything rare or special, I was thinking klunker bike... Buuuuut it kinda morphed into this retro racer type machine... Tried going local with part procurement but no luck... I ended up using Amazon for everything 😱

Still waiting on pedals, lean back seat post, chrome kickstand crank, and sprocket but it's rolling, it's fun, and pretty unique me thinks. Kept the rims - they were straight... Frame and fork are nice too... Kinda a metallic blue. Once I'm done that'll be the only original parts on this 😁

Top speed on the flats (I am in Florida after all) is 21 mph 😎 think I can go faster with more teeth on the front sprocket because why not 👍 once it's all said and done I'll have about 250-300 into it. BTW the garage helper is Coltrane the Wonder Dog...

20210523_193840.jpg
20210527_205044.jpg
20210527_210019.jpg
20210528_220744.jpg
20210528_220817.jpg

Nice front end on the Huffy. I like the look of that bar, really makes for a unique build
Thanks 👍they're upanbike bullhorns.... They dictated the use of a 31.8 stem hence the mtb stem and threadless adapter... The handle bar wrap came with the seat so it matches perfectly 😎 the original plan was ape hangers.. Went a COMPLETELY different direction 😁

That was gonna be my plan... My daughter voted no apes so who am I to say no 😁
I've always included my daughter in those kind of aesthetic (and sometimes functional) decisions throughout the years. She's a Fashion Designer now.

First time posting... Been lurking for a little while... Built up a few BMX bikes waaaay back in the 80's...more recently (bout 7 years ago) freshened up a 60-something Columbia Rambler for my daughter... She calls it ketchup. That's a very brief background.....

PRESENT DAY....

YES..... it'd prefer if this was an old Columbia or Schwinn but beggars can't be choosers 😁 neighbor down the street put a clean but neglected Huffy Good Vibrations out for trash day. Dusty, dry rotted tires, grips and handlebar foam... And a gel seat. He couldn't believe I wanted it. Belonged in the trash he said.

THIS WILL NOT STAND

Because it wasn't anything rare or special, I was thinking klunker bike... Buuuuut it kinda morphed into this retro racer type machine... Tried going local with part procurement but no luck... I ended up using Amazon for everything 😱

Still waiting on pedals, lean back seat post, chrome kickstand crank, and sprocket but it's rolling, it's fun, and pretty unique me thinks. Kept the rims - they were straight... Frame and fork are nice too... Kinda a metallic blue. Once I'm done that'll be the only original parts on this 😁

Top speed on the flats (I am in Florida after all) is 21 mph 😎 think I can go faster with more teeth on the front sprocket because why not 👍 once it's all said and done I'll have about 250-300 into it. BTW the garage helper is Coltrane the Wonder Dog...

View attachment 159682View attachment 159683View attachment 159684View attachment 159685View attachment 159686
I'm also in Florida, Coral Springs. Where are you?

I’m out in Loxahathee
And I may be picking up a huffy frame for $10 tomorrow.
this thing might be contagious.

NIIIIIIIICE. the paint on this one is really sweet.... I had initial thoughts of going full Rat Rod bike.... flat black frame, springer forks, red rims white walls but when I started cleaning the frame I was like I cannot mess with this at all it's in too good of shape even if it is newish LOL

Latest posts

Back