New guy in Florida... And new life for a Trash Huffy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in East Central Fl , but I do not have a Huffy in herd yet ?
Welcome to the party .
What part? I'm in Melbourne. I would love to have the blue Huffy Dragster III I owned in 1969, with the five-speed shifter on the column, dual hand brakes, and blue metalflake seat with white trim banana seat. More in the future hopefully.
For now I have two Schwinn Stingrays, one in pretty good condition, the other was an, "Internet 10", that someone ripped off my wife when she was buying off of eBay to get me this for a gift. Lots of rust, knock off tires, torn/ripped banana seat, etc. I would really like to sell it because the frame still looks good. Any idea what I should ask?

I'm in Naples, Florida. One of my favorite bikes I have is an old Huffy good vibrations I found in the trash and slapped some Wald parts on. I've been beating on it for a few years now. One of the coolest aspects of ratrod bikes for me is being resourceful and making do with stuff that would otherwise be scrapped.

Screenshot_20210727-110442_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210727-110737_Gallery~2.jpg

First time posting... Been lurking for a little while... Built up a few BMX bikes waaaay back in the 80's...more recently (bout 7 years ago) freshened up a 60-something Columbia Rambler for my daughter... She calls it ketchup. That's a very brief background.....

PRESENT DAY....

YES..... it'd prefer if this was an old Columbia or Schwinn but beggars can't be choosers 😁 neighbor down the street put a clean but neglected Huffy Good Vibrations out for trash day. Dusty, dry rotted tires, grips and handlebar foam... And a gel seat. He couldn't believe I wanted it. Belonged in the trash he said.

THIS WILL NOT STAND

Because it wasn't anything rare or special, I was thinking klunker bike... Buuuuut it kinda morphed into this retro racer type machine... Tried going local with part procurement but no luck... I ended up using Amazon for everything 😱

Still waiting on pedals, lean back seat post, chrome kickstand crank, and sprocket but it's rolling, it's fun, and pretty unique me thinks. Kept the rims - they were straight... Frame and fork are nice too... Kinda a metallic blue. Once I'm done that'll be the only original parts on this 😁

Top speed on the flats (I am in Florida after all) is 21 mph 😎 think I can go faster with more teeth on the front sprocket because why not 👍 once it's all said and done I'll have about 250-300 into it. BTW the garage helper is Coltrane the Wonder Dog...

View attachment 159682View attachment 159683View attachment 159684View attachment 159685View attachment 159686
Curb score is the best start to a bike project for sure.

Curb score is the best start to a bike project for sure.
I just picked up a Huffy Timberline 3 Speed over the weekend as a FREEBIE... Aired up the tires and replaced a couple rear fender strut screws, rides and shifts great and even has a Air Venture tag from a few years ago... Good job... RideOn... Razin...

I'm in Naples, Florida. One of my favorite bikes I have is an old Huffy good vibrations I found in the trash and slapped some Wald parts on. I've been beating on it for a few years now. One of the coolest aspects of ratrod bikes for me is being resourceful and making do with stuff that would otherwise be scrapped.

I've got a Good Vibrations I bought at a toy store in the late 70s that I named Ol'Droppy sometime in the 90s. It's been living as a 10 speed for many moons now.

Attachments

• DSCN0029.JPG
    DSCN0029.JPG
    766.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
I've got a Good Vibrations I bought at a toy store in the late 70s that I named Ol'Droppy sometime in the 90s. It's been living as a 10 speed for many moons now.
Yeah man I have seen your bike on here before, I actually have a pic of it saved on my laptop in a folder I keep bike pics in for ideas.

Huffy? Who said Huffy? My fleet is Huffy flush. Rode this one today. I also have a Cranbrook and a Nel Lusso that will be my next build. Only in Florida do you see a flamingo and hibiscus mural as overpass grafitti
20211128_125338_HDR~2.jpg

Latest posts

Back