New guy in NJ

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been reading the posts here for some time, finally got around to signing up the other day.
It seemed like every other Google search I did about old bikes led me here so I figured I might was well sign up.

I'm a long time bike guy who's gotten in and out of the hobby a few times now but have always come back to it.
I own a half dozen older balloon tire bikes, none very custom but none are 100% stock or original. Most are built with what was on hand at the time.
I recently picked up a couple more frames and will likely again dig into my spare parts pile to get them rolling.

Over the years I've rebuilt various bikes and stressed over finding the right parts and keeping things all original only to end up with a bike that I never rode because of the amount of money I had in it.
I spent most of my time riding the parts bikes or bikes thrown together out of junk parts because they weren't worth a restoration. Those were the bikes that were the most fun.

I just picked up a pair of prewar framesets and a pile of parts, one will be more original than most but one will end up being a bike built from the used parts boxes in the garage.

Latest posts

Back