New guy missed opportunity? What would you have done?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0530011959a-1.jpg

Ok, I am new to building Bikes. I have a 29er and my kids all have 24 or 26 inch mountian bikes. I saw this at the curb and stopped and looked. But no lights came on. Does this make me a bad bike guy?
Tell me what I pasted up. You guys have way more experence doing this then I do. I know Schwinn is a good brand. It just needed tubes, a chain and grips. Maybe a seat and a lot of TLC. What would you
have done?

I pass up bikes of all styles and sizes all the time. Either a light doesn't come on or I. Don't have the space to keep it. 20 inch department store bikes like that I usually air up the tires, wipe down the frame and give it away to a deserving kid in the neighborhood..

i just gave one of those 2 the scrap guy ...i didnt have wheels for mine or i would have kept it and fixed it up and gave it away...i find all kinds of dept store bikes n fix em up and give em 2 kids in town ...i should have saved it and waited 4 some rims but im kinda low on space rite now so ....

FaceOFFbikes said:
I pass up bikes of all styles and sizes all the time. Either a light doesn't come on or I. Don't have the space to keep it. 20 inch department store bikes like that I usually air up the tires, wipe down the frame and give it away to a deserving kid in the neighborhood..
+1 --- That's what I do with 12.5" & 20" bikes. Every kid deserves a bike in my opinion. I think I get more satisfaction from their reaction than anything else. 8)

i would have left it.

1. its newer.

2.it is a girs bike.

3. it is not made as good as the old schwinns. the old ones were real nice. i still ride my 1961 allorigional schwinn traverler twice a day. it is origional down to the tubes. i even ride on a schwinn wheelset! lol! :mrgreen:

I would have passed...to me not worth my time..plus I have no room for any extra bikes..unless it is some thing special..
If I did take it I would have given it away..which is a good thing..!

I don't pass up any bike and I have one of those sitting under my carport right now in blue (still girl's frame). It's pretty solid, when it was given to me I grabbed it out of the truck and rode it to it's place. The V-brake is missing off of mine. It will be a clean up and give away bike. A friend and me will be refurbing bikes and giving them away soon, have some ready and alot to get ready. Storage would've been a problem, but I'll be storing some in a church building so my wife doesn't go kooky.

Latest posts

Back