NEW MAMA Coast King Wild West

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been prowling Craigslist ever since getting my Stingray trying to find more cool old bikes. This is my second purchase, a Coast King Wild West.

The guy had lost interest in her. Maybe you can turn her into a garden bike, he said. Or use her for parts. I thought about all the fun I had cleaning up my Stingray and thought, "Nah, I'm gonna make this one ridin' ready--something to be proud of."

I didn't know anything about Coast King until I brought her home and did some research. This is the Coast to Coast department store version of the Huffy Rawhide. The Rawhide is cooler, with its themed banana seat and rope pattern on the fenders, but I don't plan on keeping the original paint anyway.

I couldn't resist the buy. It looked like a big project, and I love Westerns.

Check out that sweet chainring!

Seat in great condition--but it ain't staying on either...

In keeping with the Western theme, I plan on making NEW MAMA into a horsebike. This is a theme I don't see too often. Oh yeah, I'm into horses too. But I guess that comes with the territory.

The pedals are full of noise and the kickstand just BARKS when I force it down!

I don't want to be all bark and no bite so that's all I'll say for now. I have a limited budget, so it'll be a slow-going process. I'm new to this anyway so I might as well take my time.

If you're wondering about her name, both my bikes are named for Neil Young songs. The Stingray is my Llama. (I'm gonna ride him good in my old neighborhood)

I doubt this bike is worth much, but it looks cool, it's got spirit, and I'm picking up good vibrations... and that's all I ever cared about.

Once I start getting serious work done I'll post more pics...

Thanks for looking! Anyone else have a Coast King?

Very cool find!

( as you already know ) :D
Sometimes its not so much what a bike is worth, but its more the fun ya have during the hunt/cleaning/and hours and hours of cool bike rides :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back