New Member from N. Alabama

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes:

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
High function modern bikes do find themselves welcomed on here as well, it's a pretty inclusive crowd.

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's great to know there are 2 of you in the general area. Do you ride the bikes on the road, with the seats that look as if they would hurt to sit on? In traffic with no bike lanes? Or do you stick to the neater older versions of bikes.

Mostly I stick to off road (gravel roads or mountain biking) or roads in my area.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Site Owner
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those off roads are best. I would be too nervous to ride with traffic. Heck I drive in this traffic and know many of them are crazy.

Karate Chicken Industries

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those off roads are best. I would be too nervous to ride with traffic. Heck I drive in this traffic and know many of them are crazy.
That is why more than a few of us are involved in bicycling advocacy at levels beyond just representing by riding. Yes, just getting out and riding a bicycle is at the very least the simplest form of advocacy, IMO. The more there are out there, the more people will realize bicycles do belong and are not just a child's toy or recreational equipment.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Site Owner
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to see roads wide enough for a bike lane so it would be noticed more and be safer. Old back windy, curve country roads can be very hazardous for bikers. There is a road near me that is a series of S curves. And when I went to the cubicle job, most mornings in good weather there would be a biker. After the first time or two I was more conditioned to expect him and be extra careful. But the road is not wide. So it is hazardous.

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A few decades ago, my only means of transportation for several years was by bicycle, but now it's just a hobby. Fortunately for me, the W&OD rail to trail conversion is about 2 miles from my home. There is also the C&O canal something like 15 or 20 miles, but I haven't ridden it in a years. It's across the Potomac river by an arduous hilly urban trek to ride to it, or a trip by motor vehicle only interstate. I see by googly eyes there appear to be some interesting trails for pleasure riding in the Huntsville area.

MazdaFlyer

Like “RadioFlyer”
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Angie…maybe you could adopt a user name relative to the rat rod bikes forum. Just a suggestion. We’ve known Steve as RatRod for ever.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Site Owner
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@MazdaFlyer That sounds like a neat idea. Now for me to think up something. Maybe some of you could give me some ideas.

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Rock Rat is taken!
You wouldn't want to be associated with that type of trash.

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rock Rat is taken!
You wouldn't want to be associated with that type of trash.
I used to have one of those; it was a great bike!