New Member From Newport RI

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donald beach

Elder Beach Rat
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just purchased a mid 30's silver king monkey wards bike (but it hasn't been delivered yet), and in planning my mods for this bike, i found this website and forum. looks like plenty of great folks here and some awesome machines. this is my first bike of this variety, owning mostly vintage road racers. i'm thinking of converting to a 3 speed rear hub for my old knees, but not sure of the spacing. pretty sure somebody has done this, so will be looking for some advise! looking forward to being here! don

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    460.1 KB · Views: 45
… now that I think about it... didn't I just ship a set of grips to you recently? (Thompson Classic grips)

just purchased a mid 30's silver king monkey wards bike (but it hasn't been delivered yet), and in planning my mods for this bike, i found this website and forum. looks like plenty of great folks here and some awesome machines. this is my first bike of this variety, owning mostly vintage road racers. i'm thinking of converting to a 3 speed rear hub for my old knees, but not sure of the spacing. pretty sure somebody has done this, so will be looking for some advise! looking forward to being here! don
Welcome.

Welcome! I was born in Newport. 5th ward. Navy town back then.

back when i was i senior high school in the 70's it was a wild place. we would go over to the base to see the christmas lights on the navy ships. had to take a ferry boat to go to jamestown. tourist town now, with new hotels sprouting up like unwelcome mushrooms. i live over by 1st beach. thanks for the welcome!

Latest posts

Back