New member in CA

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for adding me!

I’m on the Central Coast of Ca. Been lurking and learning for a bit and finally joined. Just did my first Ebike conversion for my son who’s using his road bike for commuting to work.

Just starting my second bike. It’s an Electra Straight 8 from 2017 that was under recall due to SRAM hub. This site is a great resource!

Welcome. You’ll enjoy the ride here.

I bought a used straight 8 with the sram hub issue. I no longer have it. Let me know if you fix it. I believe it may have been the grease the factory used.

Welcome. You’ll enjoy the ride here.

I bought a used straight 8 with the sram hub issue. I no longer have it. Let me know if you fix it. I believe it may have been the grease the factory used.
Thanks!

So far I’ve torn everything down, cleaned all components and started acquiring all replacement parts. Also did a little light customization while I’m waiting for everything I’ve tracked down and ordered to arrive.

I’m converting it to an Ebike and replacing the old rear hub with a geared hub motor with regenerative braking. Thinking i might do a Build thread as I go.… I’m changing more than I originally thought I would

Latest posts

Back