New Member saying Hi and need some help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, just a new member with some questions about a bike I came across. I spotted this in my cousins yard, leaning up against a tree and it immediately caught my attention. I was 5 years old when I first saw Evel trying to jump the Snake River and like so many others, I tried to imitate him all throughout my childhood. Had a few scrapes and bruises but no broken bones as a result of my admiration for Mr. Knievel. Anyway, I remember when this bike came out (1976 IIRC) but I was never fortunate enough to own one. Assuming I am correct that this is the AMF Evel Knievel bike, what would be the best thing to do with it? Should I try to restore it or leave it as is? My intention is to sell it for someone to enjoy as I am too darn old to be riding it around. Thanks for allowing me to join and I welcome any words of advice as to what to do with the bike.

Attachments

• IMG_1969.jpg
    IMG_1969.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1968.jpg
    IMG_1968.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1967.jpg
    IMG_1967.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1966.jpg
    IMG_1966.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1974 (1).jpg
    IMG_1974 (1).jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1973 (1).jpg
    IMG_1973 (1).jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1972 (1).jpg
    IMG_1972 (1).jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1971 (1).jpg
    IMG_1971 (1).jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1970 (1).jpg
    IMG_1970 (1).jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 28
Since it's missing the tank, front and side plates, it would cost a fortune to restore it to original. But you can buy a decal set for it and get it looking fairly good without the tank and plates. Then hang it on a wall as artwork since you always wanted one.

1649113498088.png

I would sooooo ride that! Keep the original parts for the day you either sell it or show it, but, put on and/or adjust parts that will make it reasonably comfortable for you to ride.

Hey everyone, just a new member with some questions about a bike I came across. I spotted this in my cousins yard, leaning up against a tree and it immediately caught my attention. I was 5 years old when I first saw Evel trying to jump the Snake River and like so many others, I tried to imitate him all throughout my childhood. Had a few scrapes and bruises but no broken bones as a result of my admiration for Mr. Knievel. Anyway, I remember when this bike came out (1976 IIRC) but I was never fortunate enough to own one. Assuming I am correct that this is the AMF Evel Knievel bike, what would be the best thing to do with it? Should I try to restore it or leave it as is? My intention is to sell it for someone to enjoy as I am too darn old to be riding it around. Thanks for allowing me to join and I welcome any words of advice as to what to do with the bike.
Awesome find for a cousin's yard. My cousin only has weeds.

Latest posts

Back