Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. New member here. I like finding and collecting any cool stuff from my youth. Anything from the 1960's-'70's. Old muscle bikes, cars, trucks, snowmobiles, signs etc. Anything that was cool then is still cool now IMO. Right now I'm looking for a muscle bike that I had as a kid. A 1968 Coast King Road Runner. It was my most prized possession back in the day. I would like to own one again. Or a '68 Huffy Cheater Slick Modified. These two bikes were the same except for the badges and model names. They had chrome frames, red fenders, seats and chain guards. I would like to buy either one if anyone has one they would like to sell. Or perhaps someone knows of one for sale. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Meep meep! Welcome aboard, Road Runner! I don't think I've seen one of those bikes pop up for sale on here or around Oklahoma where I live, but I'll keep my eyes peeled. Have you joined The C.A.B.E too? One of the guys there might have what you're looking for. Just make a post in the "Wanted" section. Someone's bound to help you out.

Hi. New member here. I like finding and collecting any cool stuff from my youth. Anything from the 1960's-'70's. Old muscle bikes, cars, trucks, snowmobiles, signs etc. Anything that was cool then is still cool now IMO. Right now I'm looking for a muscle bike that I had as a kid. A 1968 Coast King Road Runner. It was my most prized possession back in the day. I would like to own one again. Or a '68 Huffy Cheater Slick Modified. These two bikes were the same except for the badges and model names. They had chrome frames, red fenders, seats and chain guards. I would like to buy either one if anyone has one they would like to sell. Or perhaps someone knows of one for sale. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Hey Probie, Welcome to the RRB... I do have a really Cool Huffy Muscle bike, but it's not a chrome frame bike, but is painted two tone blue/red.. Has the 3 foot sissy bar and is in like mint condition.. RaToN... Razin..

Thanks so much for the reply but, I really have my heart set on finding the chrome/red Huffy or Coast King. Maybe a long shot but, I've seen pics of them so I know there are a few of them left out there. Again, either a Huffy Cheater Slick Modified or Coast King Road Runner. Chrome/Red. Thanks again for your offer!

When one truly wants the chrome version, they may have to wait a while but it's worth it. I waited about 15 years for this one, however over that wait I ran a few non-chrome versions of the same frameset.
20220411_124848.jpg

Hey Probie, Welcome to the RRB... I do have a really Cool Huffy Muscle bike, but it's not a chrome frame bike, but is painted two tone blue/red.. Has the 3 foot sissy bar and is in like mint condition.. RaToN... Razin..
Hey would it be possible for you to post a pick of the bike? I saw a chrome frame Muscle bike on an auction site and it might have been one of those bikes you are looking for... Thanks.. Mark..

YES! That's the one. Saw that bike in the front window of the local Coast to Coast Hardware Store in 1968 and had to have it! Still searching.... Any help locating one would be great. Huffy built the bike. Huffy version was called Cheater Slick Modified. That model would be fine as well. Thanks.

Yes, they were cool. Never saw one like it back in the day. Pretty rare today too, I would imagine. But there has to be one out there yet, right? lol. Thanks for the reply!

Latest posts

Back