New & old skool Schwinns

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Schwinn cruiser collection. Two new, two old. Two single speed and two multi speed.

DSCN3596.jpg

(left to right) 78' Klunker (or Spitfire, one or the other :roll: ) 5speed cruiser. 62' Heavy Duti American single speed cruiser, my very first cruiser I bought in 93' and the bike i've had the longest. Then my brand new 2011 Breeze single speed and finally my 2008 Point Beach 7speed cruiser. Too hard to pick a favorite among them for me. I will always have a spot in my heart of old skool American steel Schwinns (the type that last FOREVER) but i'm really happy with how well these new Schwinns look and ride, for being new and Chinese built.

DSCN3599.jpg

Just the single speed Schwinns, ALMOST exactly 50 years apart in age. The real Schwinns get in the forground, but love them both.

DSCN3598.jpg

Both the multispeed Schwinns, 30years apart in age. I really dig the reliability of the Shimano indexed 7 speed hyperglide with gripshift drivetrain as it's actually really smooth and reliable, but at least twice a week I gotta get on the 78' and get down with the old skool Schwinn longthrow, non indexed system. Wish it had the original Scwhinn approved rear derailleur (PM me if you got one to sell) to keep it all o.g.

Hope you enjoy!

Latest posts

Back