New OP or used Trek Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have a chance to but new walmart Op cruiser or well used but good condition Trek cruiser. Both aluminum frame $100 each. Any opinions which to buy?

I'd go with the Trek.
1. The Trek is getting great reviews (see latest issue of Kickstand)
2. You can the OP for $100 everyday. Getting a bike that was $350 less than a year ago for a hundo doesn't happen everyday.

Just my two pennies.

Cheers!
Dr. T

I have a Trek Calypso cruiser that I pick up at garage sale for $10,styled like a DX. didn't know it was a Trek until I got it home and took all the tape and junk off. it was very dirty and had a broken shifter, rusty chainand ugly bars and seat.
I got it all cleaned up and change some stuff on it, rides great for a newer cruiser, most of everything I own is old.

Re: New OP or used Trek Cruiser, Treks for sale

Bought the trek from a bike rental place at The Battery in Manhattan. They checked it out for me.I rode it to the train station to take home for the weekend. The quality difference is apparent and they have a few more mens black and ladies availble for $100 used. I think well worth it for a commuter/outside/project bike. webite fromm CL to follow later.http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh ... 66615.html

I'd go with the Trek too.

However, I do plan on picking up a couple of the OP cruisers from Wal-Mart to use as doner bikes for some frames I have heading my way. Cheaper to by them and take the cranks, wheels, bottom brackets etc. then buy everything separately. Easier to sell the rusto-mod w/ new parts and components.

Latest posts

Back