NEW STUFF AT WAL-MART (Op Bike PICS ADDED)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i will chime in on this
I just purchased a scratched up Schwinn Delmar for 65 bucks at my local wal mart. the regular price apparently is 119 bucks so I can live with some scratches for that big a discount
every bike in their garden center had something wrong with them but were deeply discounted.
it does seem like the ones that are outside are damaged and the ones on the racks aren't so damaged.

Here's the sickest bike I've ever seen come out of Walmart, I picked this up last week, some kind of 29" Huffy that was marked down on clearance and I also got an extra 15% off on it, bought it as soon as I spotted it. Here it is stripped down ready to shread through down town tomorrow, last pic is how it looked when I got it minus the layback seat post. I dialed it in and dropped down from a 19 tooth rear to a 16 tooth rear for some speed. Bike rides awesome and is actually really well made. Can't really find anything online about this model, not even by referencing what Huffy calls it, it's not even on there website or on Walmarts.
d606ae30fff398429a1c3881aa5e90cc.jpg

2ecf12ac1739f5671e1328bd24bfcc39.jpg

620d0eac0e73705cbfee341be09695e5.jpg

Here's the sickest bike I've ever seen come out of Walmart, I picked this up last week, some kind of 29" Huffy that was marked down on clearance and I also got an extra 15% off on it, bought it as soon as I spotted it. Here it is stripped down ready to shread through down town tomorrow, last pic is how it looked when I got it minus the layback seat post. I dialed it in and dropped down from a 19 tooth rear to a 16 tooth rear for some speed. Bike rides awesome and is actually really well made. Can't really find anything online about this model, not even by referencing what Huffy calls it, it's not even on there website or on Walmarts.
d606ae30fff398429a1c3881aa5e90cc.jpg

2ecf12ac1739f5671e1328bd24bfcc39.jpg

620d0eac0e73705cbfee341be09695e5.jpg
Interesting! I like it!
Looks much better without the fenders and skirtguard, tempted to try without the chainguard too?

Luke.

All it said was "Bike Path" on the paper wheel disk, "Supreme" on the fender skirts, other then that, nothing, not even on the paper work and manual that came with it.

Carbon, do you know the actual name of your Huffy 29er? I'm kinda curious, thanks

I kinda like the chain guard, has a certain 1930's kinda flair to it, although I bet it would look tight without it. I just have to many holes in my pant's legs from sprocket snags. :banghead:

Interesting! I like it!
Looks much better without the fenders and skirtguard, tempted to try without the chainguard too?

Luke.

Exactly, really odd, must be a really limited model, here she is after putting some miles on er around town today. I put about 10 or so miles on it today and she worked flawlessly, quiet and smooth riding.
8d635d72f8542db9a6a093b19d2679ae.jpg

Saw this at Wally World. I'm not usually a fan of their bikes but I think it's kinda cool. Has anyone bought one yet and if so how's the quality? It could be a great start for a cool custom.

Wally-world is Definitely making improvement in it's bike Selection...
Dig the 29ner W/Walls...

~Rafael~

Last edited:
I did buy one of the Columbias- badly assembled, greased with dots of vaseline, handlebars, pedals and stem seemed pretty flimsy. Wheels were true But the sheet metal was relatively heavy gauge and the frame seems solid. Best of all, the decals are easy to peel off stickers. I agree- a good base to do something with.

I was looking at the pic of the 27.5" cruiser bike with the springer.
"Schwinn Swindler" :rofl:
I know its only $139.97 but anyone really look at its construction? especially where the front springer mounts to the steerer? That bolt sure looks puny. :grin:

Had to stop there today for work, nothing special just some cranbrooks and a panama jack, but these wide lime green wheels looked cool
9824013f5b85be747e5cf7b9f8cf1994.jpg
and these orange stripe tires would be great on the right bike
6b59bd3394c2ec710fe2a66170a44466.jpg

Please excuse my ignorance of my question folks...
AS someone from a mountain biking background the components on these packaged wally world bikes are no more than appalling, and that spands their whole collection of bikes mtbs, roadies, cruisers etc. Am I missing something? Are people buying them to strip down and use just the frame?

Go light on me I'm still new round these parts.

AS someone from a mountain biking background the components on these packaged wally world bikes are no more than appalling, and that spands their whole collection of bikes mtbs, roadies, cruisers etc. Am I missing something? Are people buying them to strip down and use just the frame?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I have bought a Schwinn Aerovane from WallyWorld just to harvest these tires.
index.php

To follow on TRM’s comment, the interest for this thread (for me anyway) is to see if the big box is selling any cool parts that are attached to garbage (like the tires he mentioned). Buying the bike, robbing ‘the’ part and selling it on Craigslist or FB Marketplace for $25-$50 less than the store, is equivalent to paying $25-$50 for ‘the’ part and now it’s ‘custom’ from the part you replaced...[emoji849]

But what I find equally ‘entertaining’ is seeing how the designers at ‘Schwinn’, ‘Huffy’ or whomever that lurk or troll this site (yes, we know you’re here and you do it), ‘adapt’ the trends that WE are setting in ‘beach cruiser’ bikes and mass market them. That last link is a prime example, we’ve been slapping apehangers, mags and ‘built-in’ tanks on bikes for years....now you can buy it for under $200 online...

I wonder how long until they come out with a ‘strandie’ or ‘26” BMX’.....I could use some cheap 26x3 gumwall knobbies on the one I’m building...[emoji851]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back